onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

I think getting full match commentary every game is great. Stoke are in the prem so I'd expect them to be on FM. We know we will mostly be on mw as Crewe know them will be on digital, so I bought a radio that had a mw receiver (I presume crewe fans buy digital radios for the same reason). Can't grumble. The news reports by the likes of Sandoz and mggarry are pants, but the game coverage is fine. I remember when they could only cover one game for the second half, and we had to rely on goal alerts. The wait to see whether it was us was torture.

I remember all that Andy.

It went along the lines of a siren or an "it's a goal" intro if one of the local team scored or an "oh no " if anybody conceded

Used to sit there praying it was Stoke for the siren or Vale for the " oh no "

does anyone else have any opinions regarding vales coverage on radio stoke and whether bbcRS have bias towards the other " two " teams in the county even if one isn't in the ****** county at all. I had to have a pop at G Mcgarry earlier for trying to make out that their coverage will be tops even when we always end up on ****** AM couldn't help myself theyre all a bunch of cronies IMO

Radio City, don't even cover Liverpool's Europeen away games on FM, so considering we're a small third division side, I really think Radio Stoke give us excellent coverage.

No idea mate it's gonna be chaos

I will sit in the Cricket Club as per and await the chaos to subside

And believe me it's chaotic as everybody cuts each other up

Is it really that bad?

£325 per season 19 league game's (+ cup game's) Say 50 people per coach something like 34p per game.

Is it really that bad?

£325 per season 19 league game's (+ cup game's) Say 50 people per coach something like 34p per game.

That's a very good point mate but they want the money up front and places like Biddulph and Knype FC and the Cheshire Cheese in Birches Head run 4-5 coaches each game so it's a lot of money to find

Plus the coaches are ALL going to depart down towards Trentham rd going in the opposite direction for 90% of folk

That's a very good point mate but they want the money up front and places like Biddulph and Knype FC and the Cheshire Cheese in Birches Head run 4-5 coaches each game so it's a lot of money to find

Plus the coaches are ALL going to depart down towards Trentham rd going in the opposite direction for 90% of folk

How about paying something like a £5 - £10 membership fee up front to use the coach.That way the money would be in and coach paid for?

How about paying something like a £5 - £10 membership fee up front to use the coach.That way the money would be in and coach paid for?

It would be like collecting the tea money at work Melv

Some will pay and some won't so that would be a thankless task and added to that they want the money before the season kicks off so it would be impossible

I think getting full match commentary every game is great. Stoke are in the prem so I'd expect them to be on FM. We know we will mostly be on mw as Crewe know them will be on digital, so I bought a radio that had a mw receiver (I presume crewe fans buy digital radios for the same reason). Can't grumble. The news reports by the likes of Sandoz and mggarry are pants, but the game coverage is fine. I remember when they could only cover one game for the second half, and we had to rely on goal alerts. The wait to see whether it was us was torture.
I remember listening to the trumpet and hoping we'd scored lol

People may be bored by this topic, but it doesn't make it less valid. Radio Stoke are always days behind with any "news". Any decent reporters get a job elsewhere, as with Pete Morgan, Juliet Ferrington and Mark Edwardson. The rubbish are on year in year out.

Archived