onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Midweek season ticket promotion

davidatpreston

This season (and for several seasons previously) Vale's home gates have been significantly lower for home midweek evening matches compared to Saturday 3pm kick-offs. The only exception this season was probably Aldershot which came on the back of the Burton masterpiece and even then some people expected more than the 6100 or so we got.

The gates have been just above 4000 for Dagenham, Rochdale, York, bristol Rovers and the other home tuesday evening games, and if about 3200 of those were season ticket holders that means less than 1000 paying on the gate, as opposed to most saturdays where 2000 or more pay on the day.

How about a 'Midweek home games season ticket' for the 7 or so games we will find in our home fixtures when they are released, priced at £99 for 7 games (roughly £14 a games) to tempt those who like their saturday games but might find a cold February tuesday less tempting.

It might well suit some people who cant come to enough Saturday games to warrant a full season ticket too, but any boost to the lower tuesday home gates would be worthwhile. Of course, we would have to wait until the fixtures are issued and if it turns out it is 6 tuesday games make it £85 or so, if 5 perhaps £70.

Just a slightly different take on the 'mini-st' ideas around - I wonder if the club might like to consider this and call it the Vale Midweek Special ST ?

Advert

I would think that a big part of the reason for lower gates on a midweek night match is that for many it is to much of a rush to finish work,go home,get ready for a match(more so if they have young children).So not sure your suggestion would make much difference.Depending on where i am working at what time i get home sometimes makes it a big rush to get to night games.

I would think that a big part of the reason for lower gates on a midweek night match is that for many it is to much of a rush to finish work,go home,get ready for a match(more so if they have young children).So not sure your suggestion would make much difference.Depending on where i am working at what time i get home sometimes makes it a big rush to get to night games.

Maybe, but I still thnk there are some people out there who are put off midweek evening kickoffs for other reasons but would go if they had a season ticket. The 745 ko time is late enough for most people to get there.

What about rearranged games due to bad weather / FA Cup commitments etc?

Good question, and if a clear solution is provided by the club then it should be no problem:-

For holders of the 'midweek ticket'

- If one of the midweek games the ticket covers is postponed, the new date will be midweek also so it will still be valid. Easy.

- If a Saturday game not originally included in the Midweek ticket is postponed and rearranged for a midweek, then holders of the Midweek ticket could present their ticket (or swipe card) and get entry at £14 (same as their midweek games) - this could be a hidden and significant benefit to them if we have 3 or 4 home saturday postponements.

- FA, League Cup and JPT games were not intended to be covered by this ticket - however I would suggest that all ST holders of any kind get priority if we get a 'big game' anytime.

Could look at extending the scheme to cover midweek Cup games, but then it gets tricky as we could be drawn away - possibly we could say that any Midweek ST holder can buy a JPT, FAC or LC home ticket at a £2 discount from the walk-up pirce.These games are often reduced anyway.

One last point is that I really hope that they use a swipe card system that stops people 'lending' or 'selling' entry to matches.

Archived