onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Welfare reforms.

For Us All

In general I would say that people can be entitled to things because they have paid in for them. Secondly some benefits are made universal because the real target group for them would not claim them if they were by application. However .....

I was at a risk management meeting in Manchester today and we were looking at the top global risks. These are a combination of things that link together including of course financial crisis. A picture sometimes paints a thousand words and a diagram was put up of deficits and debt / GDP for countries. The top left hand square of this diagram was occupied by Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Portugal and the UK. Most worst, our position was worse than Spain's where unemployment is 25%.

On the positive side I got to listen to Kate Green for 45 minutes, the first time in ages a competent sounding MP. Labour needs to replace Miliblub with her.

But in the above re bus passes, we are not getting to the hub of the problem. To tackle a structural deficit of the size we have and not delivering on growth, education and health need to be brought within the cuts as some of the largest budgets. It seems there are no parties going to do that alone, so some consensus is needed between the parties on reducing the structural deficit in a sensible way instead of rhetoric.

Perhaps more alarmingly, global temperatures are sure to rise 2.5% and 4% is not out of the question.

If someone else had posted that, you would have argued about how misleading most of those statistics were.

And the last one just has no context at all.

Advert

In the 70's you were more or less guaranteed a job at the end of your education so you were well motivated,today you are not.

According to my parents, in the 50's companies/firms in Stoke on Trent came around to your house searching for workers (even if you already had a job), steady decine ever since!!

[quote=Warren;191069.

Perhaps more alarmingly, global temperatures are sure to rise 2.5% and 4% is not out of the question.

bearing in mind that gas bills go up by about 10% EVERY YEAR, this is music to my ears. Sure, I feel sorry for the polar bears but there has to be someone without a chair when the music stops.

Archived