onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Quite a bit of long ball last night

Werrington

Advert

I have never said we played carpet football and i call a game as i see it........I am led to believe on here that you lot play carpet football but last night was long ball .

Oh well perhaps my eyesight aint what it used to be

no probs, im calling your game today as i see it, s hy te :-)

I have never said we played carpet football and i call a game as i see it........I am led to believe on here that you lot play carpet football but last night was long ball .

Did you happen to see the pitch? How the holy hell could anyone play carpet football on that thing?

I also call a game as i see it mate and for 45 minutes we were woeful. A superb hit from our new lad gave us a lifeline. In the second half it was pretty much one way traffic. But for Lee Hughes fluffing his lines 6 yards out we could have taken a 3-2 lead having been 2 behind. And what a great run by JMW that was to set him up.

Like i said in an earlier post you werent itching to come out with threads on how well we played against Oxford when we were last on Sky, so why now?

I watched two matches today. Norwich v Luton. And Stoke v Man City. Norwich were woeful. Luton gave everything and nicked a win. Man City deserved to win against your lot and then all the talk from the commentators and experts was that Stoke didnt do enough of what Stoke do best.

Never, ever will i knock what you have achieved. Never. Im so envious of my mates who get to watch premier league football live BUT il be damned if im having a (Respected) poster like yourself knocking our style of play live on TV.

We are a fourth division side who have the top goalscorer in the country and are top scorers ourselves.

We are top of our division.

Our football, in the main, on **** pitches, has been superb this season.

I very much doubt we would have to resort to a long throw and set pieces week in week out, year in year out.

Your style of football is embarrassing Wezza. Shocking. Norwegian people laugh at me when i say im from Stoke and then make a throw in style gesture at me! When i put them to rights and say im a Port Vale fan they shake my hand!

I know you dont really care about that and neither should you but it just goes to show how you are percieved.

That from your lot this afternoon was dire.

Wigan at home Tuesday. Youll beat them probably, finish on your normal 40 point mark and go again.

Question is...... How long can Pulis keep doing it? And more importantly could you push on with a new man in charge? I doubt that very much.

In the meantime. We are doing just fine. I honestly believe we will get automatic this season AND be there or thereabouts next season.

Maybe for 20 minutes or so on Thursday night we lumped it on a boggy pitch. We are fourth division after all.

Imagine watching that kind of **** week in week out in the premier league at daft prices?! No wonder you dont take many away at 35 to 50 or 60 quid a pop.

How much was it today though? 20 quid? Couldnt get 20000 against the champions in the FA Cup and 4500 of them were Man City fans so dont give me crap about the weather affecting things! Poor showing. But like ive said you are shocking to watch. Good on you for getting there and staying there but its dire.

I honestly cannot believe you have the nerve to knock Vales long ball approach for a proportion of the game considering our league status and the pitch it was played on.

Look at your own team fella.

Spunk Trumpet

Thats an excellent post mate but as usual I ask a question and I'm **** stirring.

All I did was ask if Adams has changed his style slightly to suit the opposition or accommodate Hughes..............no more no less.

I thought it would make an interesting discussion........no more no less mate

Spunk Trumpet

Thats an excellent post mate but as usual I ask a question and I'm **** stirring.

All I did was ask if Adams has changed his style slightly to suit the opposition or accommodate Hughes..............no more no less.

I thought it would make an interesting discussion........no more no less mate

I understood where you were coming from. Some on here are a bit defensive. I think Adams did change the style of play to suit the conditions and the opposition.

Werrington

The moaners on here say we were poor first half at Wimbledon - statistics were we had more possession, more shots, more shots on target. The reason for the moaning is we were 2-1 down - goals are everything mate.

The difference between us and your lot is whatever we play 'high or carpet' we score lots of goals. - After you scored 3 in two successive matches I told the Sjoke fans in the pub to give up going for the rest of the season as you'd scored your half season quota in two games - have you scored at home since?

Werrington or TP, if either of you are about how do you explain that attendance yesterday? Did any Man City fans come?

You damn near won the FA Cup recently didn't you? so where were your fans yesterday?

Its like I said in a pm to TP I think you have around 15,000 genuine fans (and God bless you because there wouldn't be half as much fun if you weren't) and around 10,000 Premier League groupies.

Archived