onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Great time to be a Vale fan

Bernieseven

Isn't it refreshing that after years of decline it looks like the good times are on the horizon for Port Vale Football club?We are debt free (I hope), have two very enthusiastic owners behind us, have a top Manager at the helm (who I think some fans take for granted at times) who many a club would love to have in charge. We currently sit second in the league, have a player/fan scoring goals for fun and a have top keeper who was given to us for nowt. It's great that we are in a position to sign players again and at the moment it's great being a vale fan. Up the vale.

Advert

In the last week (assuming Hughes does sign), we've just signed:

A player who's played at a World Cup and as recent as last season played alongside Beckham and against Henry

2 players who have played on the very top division

How times change!! Bit of a difference from them 2 lads from Chasetown!

I keep thinking I will wake up in a minute but don't want to as I am having the most amazing dream I Just cannot stop getting these positive feelings because

1, We are 2nd in the league.

2. We have one of the best managers in the lower leagues

3. We are debt free.

4, We have progressive, professional owners who communicate with the fans.

5. We have the leading scorer in the Football League, who is a local lad and a fan (that's worth a dream all on its own!)

6. We play attacking football with two wide players.

7. We are making signings of quality players, including one of the best strikers to grace the Football League in the last 15 years.

Either the drugs will wear off soon or I am likely to be woken by a Vale fan from somewhere moaning about something, because after all we are Port Vale, when does anything positive ever happen at Vale Park!

Well folks lets make the most of it, we could be about to enter our third "Golden Age" (first 53/54 team, 2nd Rudgie) Lonng may the dream continue!!!!!

Now more than anytime in recent history,at least the last 10 years,Vale fans everywhere need push on.Come out of hiding and lets have a bumper crowd against Bradford,they'll bring loads and be desperate for revenge.Regardless of cup-games,they want out of this league almost as much as Vale.Lets give The Smurf One what he wants, 7500 at least !!

I'll bring a bit of negativity to the thread... how are we paying for these new players on the same gates as last season, will we be back in debt soon? Will Lee Hughes want to walk straight into the team, he certainly won't be happy warming the bench - where does that leave Williamson and/or Dodds, two players that are far more "long term prospects" than Hughes. Pope and Williamson seemed to be forming a good partnership, why break that up. Or does it indicate Pope will be going?

...I can't do it, great time to be a Vale fan!!

Archived