onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (A) match thread - 20th April

Advert

9 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

But first you need clubs to buy and pay off these losers contracts! 

Not really. If we want to get a contracted player off the books then we can just agree to let them go and rip up the remainder of the deal. Depends how much we want to free up wages and get said players out. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Not really. If we want to get a contracted player off the books then we can just agree to let them go and rip up the remainder of the deal. Depends how much we want to free up wages and get said players out. 

That will cost money 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Just so.

Such hostility is completely unjustified towards someone who, despite this season's very poor outcome, has only ever tried hard to help and restore our club.

In certain cases, the hostility is because they are closet Stoke supporters trying to harm our club by offending and alienating our greatest benefactor.

But the genuine Vale supporters who also join in are beyond all reason - let's go out of our way to be offensive to the person who is the sole reason why Vale still exists after Smurthwaite leeched it dry.

I hope that those genuine Vale supporters have a careful think about their actions and the potential consequences.

16 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

That post is almost similar to the letter that she wrote. Our actions and the potential consequences?  Yes, we’re grateful that she saved the club , but it’s been a while now. 
What has happened in the past 18 months is worthy of criticism. 

Much of the past 18 months is absolutely worthy of criticism, again I have never said otherwise.

But for one thing, such criticism should have a constructive point, to suggest how the club could and should be better, and not just venting mindless "everything's ****" posts.

And for another, more important thing, I'm not talking about criticism, I'm talking about outright hostility.

Take a look through this thread, for instance, to see some of the foul comments which have been directed towards Carol by cowardly keyboard warriors hiding behind their aliases.

I'm not going to dignify them by quoting them here.

But some of those comments are well beyond the acceptable, are not something which should be directed at any woman, and if those offensive posters don't have the basic decency and courtesy to understand that fact, then it's to be hoped that the OVF admins would have a quiet word with them.

Once again, Carol is a genuine person who has only ever tried hard to help and restore our club.

The minimum to which she is entitled is respect and courtesy, even when directing justified criticism her way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Some players don't appear to be happy at Vale anyway for whatever reason. Loft, for one, would leave and snap off any clubs hand if he was offered a deal as he isn't happy.

Garrity and Chislett may funnily enough be in with a shout of Championship football... They are good enough. 

Smith is your typical furniture stuck to the floor and will be here for the next nine seasons... Personally, I would get rid. 

Uche is unlikely to become prolific and I feel his best days behind him. Probably best to let him go. Sang is a funny one, and may yet offer something in the right position. 

Dipepa is not going to stay... Take the money to fund three promotion quality players. One attacker... Two midfielders. 

Look for a decent non league goalie... Can't see Ripley staying... Too good for league two. 

The defence needs a complete overhaul. It's vital Moore gets that right from the off... Get rid of Grant. Get rid of Massey. 

Please get two decent wingers in! 

3 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Some players don't appear to be happy at Vale anyway for whatever reason. Loft, for one, would leave and snap off any clubs hand if he was offered a deal as he isn't happy.

Garrity and Chislett may funnily enough be in with a shout of Championship football... They are good enough. 

Smith is your typical furniture stuck to the floor and will be here for the next nine seasons... Personally, I would get rid. 

Uche is unlikely to become prolific and I feel his best days behind him. Probably best to let him go. Sang is a funny one, and may yet offer something in the right position. 

Dipepa is not going to stay... Take the money to fund three promotion quality players. One attacker... Two midfielders. 

Look for a decent non league goalie... Can't see Ripley staying... Too good for league two. 

The defence needs a complete overhaul. It's vital Moore gets that right from the off... Get rid of Grant. Get rid of Massey. 

Ripley has been relegated from league 1 last two seasons- coincidence? 

8 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

How much do you think we’re getting for Baylee! 😂

For making other clubs supporters happy a summary of season 

Little bits of excellence but overall lots of sloppiness resulting in relegation 

You would think the players would have had the desire and determination not to be ridiculed by our own supporters and most definitely other clubs supporters by winning games and making sure there be no repercussions of there mediocrity .

The fact there seems a element of cannot be bothered sums up the 2023/24 squad .

In truth we got what we deserved .

At no point did we play the game like a team who wanted to avoid relegation in fact I'd go as far as say most games were like training exercises .

3 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Was John Rudge ‘passionate’ in interviews? Does it really matter if they win games?

Im not bothered how Moore sounds or what he says. I remember fans kicking off at Clarke’s abrasiveness towards Bowers when he didn’t win for 7. We came to love it.

If Moore wins games, “um no yeah” will become endearing.

Erm , just keep the faith , mate 👍

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

True. I won’t be arsed I’m just saying it’s hard to see how he can motivate anyone 

He could be like erm Alex Ferguson behind the scenes every good manager has a nasty side that's why they're successful 

Darren Moore's black & white army PVFC 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Much of the past 18 months is absolutely worthy of criticism, again I have never said otherwise.

But for one thing, such criticism should have a constructive point, to suggest how the club could and should be better, and not just venting mindless "everything's ****" posts.

And for another, more important thing, I'm not talking about criticism, I'm talking about outright hostility.

Take a look through this thread, for instance, to see some of the foul comments which have been directed towards Carol by cowardly keyboard warriors hiding behind their aliases.

I'm not going to dignify them by quoting them here.

But some of those comments are well beyond the acceptable, are not something which should be directed at any woman, and if those offensive posters don't have the basic decency and courtesy to understand that fact, then it's to be hoped that the OVF admins would have a quiet word with them.

Once again, Carol is a genuine person who has only ever tried hard to help and restore our club.

The minimum to which she is entitled is respect and courtesy, even when directing justified criticism her way.

You're welcome to your opinion!