onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Names for Stoke City?

Preston North End fan here, I've had a soft spot for Vale since we played you in League 1 a few times about 10 years ago. Last game I remember was a 2-2 draw at your place which I didn't go to but heard it was a cracking game.

To the point of my post, we're playing Stoke on Saturday and I'm having a few pints with an old mate tomorrow night who happens to be a Stoke fan. He's a great lad except when it comes to Stoke when he's a right dick.

I thought you guys might be able to help me with any Stoke insults I can throw in his direction? 😁

Advert

4 minutes ago, Nobber said:

Preston North End fan here, I've had a soft spot for Vale since we played you in League 1 a few times about 10 years ago. Last game I remember was a 2-2 draw at your place which I didn't go to but heard it was a cracking game.

To the point of my post, we're playing Stoke on Saturday and I'm having a few pints with an old mate tomorrow night who happens to be a Stoke fan. He's a great lad except when it comes to Stoke when he's a right dick.

I thought you guys might be able to help me with any Stoke insults I can throw in his direction? 😁

Great game on a Friday night. 3 penalties a red card and Joe Garner being a piece of vermin again. 

• Like 2

If I am in the company of one with the red and white stripes top on, I always say to them, "Can you still stoop down okay mate?

Then when they do, go to sit on them and say "Oh sorry I thought you was a deck chair"

Then say sorry to hear about your manager going in hospital today.

Then when they say why or what's up with him just say, "bad side"

And don't mention 1972 or you'll never hear the last of it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Well how crap we are at the moment, you might as well sing "Are you Vale in disguise "

That should wind em up a bit.

I've seen you're on a bad run, but you have games in hand and there's plenty of time to turn it around, I really hope you avoid the drop and teach Stoke a lesson next season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Origin of the 'Lardy' title was from a Charlton fanzine - they'd played Stoke and they commented on just how fat the majority of the Stoke support were. 'Must feed them on lard' was the comment and legendary Vale fanzine 'The Memoirs of Seth Bottomley' picked up on it.

You could also try 'who ate all the lard'.

😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nobber said:

I've seen you're on a bad run, but you have games in hand and there's plenty of time to turn it around, I really hope you avoid the drop and teach Stoke a lesson next season.

Nobber, you havn't seen us play, I'm a happy clapper as they say on here but trust me,  it's league 2 for us next season.