onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League Cup: it's Burnley at home

ValiantJake

Really?

"The Football League also confirmed that subject to approval, teams could play their matches on the weekend of August 11-12."

Link: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11713/7812141/League-Cup-draw

I wasn't on about the FL approving it, I was thinking more the police. A lot of forces will be stretched as officers will be deployed to London to help.

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

The first game under new ownership. If Adams and Ryder 'build the buzz' this pre-season I think we could see over 5,500.

If I was KR I would be throwing in a free ticket to this game for anyone who purchases a season ticket from now on.

- It wouldn't be discriminating against those who purchased their tickets early as they will still have saved money on getting a ticket early.

- It would make sense because the fans most likely to go to the Burnley game anyway are those who already got a season ticket, so relatively little money would be lost giving them as freebies to all other ST holders.

- It will generate a good gate which gives us a good chance of beating Burnley.

In fact, I think he'd be pretty barmy not to do it.

I wasn't on about the FL approving it, I was thinking more the police. A lot of forces will be stretched as officers will be deployed to London to help.

Yeah, yeah, good point. Well believable that your first thought was the police although they remained unspecified - unless I have just been ignorant and not read the tedious link between the Olympics and the Police.

Have a day off.

hello my fellow valiants, just wondering with all the signings that are happening and all the optomism at the vale,wot do u think the attendance will be for the burnley game??

I'll start- the usual 5,000

Archived