onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

2 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

The move to the Hamil is part of this too. No mither, no abusive chants, we even clap injured players off rather than sing the funeral march.

How anyone can see the lack of confrontation on Hamil Rd as being anything other than positive is beyond me. 

• Like 9

Advert

31 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

The move to the Hamil is part of this too. No mither, no abusive chants, we even clap injured players off rather than sing the funeral march.

I don't mind it I think Vale fans in the hamil creates a better atmosphere for me .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mellor! said:

What worries me is that we just become Crewe. Happy to sell all our kids, playing tippy happy football, in a 'nice family environment'. We used to take the pıss out of them for this. Vale should have a bit of grit and needle. Away managers always used to say 'Vale Park is a horrible place to go'. We're becoming far too nice and detached from what I see us as. Yes it's nice that we're getting kids and families in, but we should also be a bit rough and ready. We had the balance exactly right in the promotion season, as you saw with the Swindon game. This season we have strayed too far away from our working class, edgy, a bit nasty roots. Everything that comes out of the club is controlled. The interviews with Alfie and Blaster, all geared towards us being a nice and friendly. The Boro game typified this. 

Spot on .

1 hour ago, JRC said:

Uche won't get paid if he chooses to leave for more money. It's when a club wants a player to leave and nobody can match the wages. When we resigned Pope we paid the salary we agreed to pay. To get him to leave Bury paid most of the difference between what we paid him and what they paid him for the remainder of his Bury contract. Pope told Bury he either wanted to sign for Vale or stay. There was a similar deal years ago when we signed Tony Dinning. We will have told Uche Charlton were interested but it was his choice to speak to them and then accept or reject the offer. If we wanted him to leave if he rejected the offer we could have offered him some additional money. 

The Denver Hume deal during the last window failed because Portsmouth weren't prepared to pay him much of the difference between the salary they pay and what we offered. If Portsmouth had to pay him all season we would have signed him. 

I've worked on short-term contracts (for the same company) for 15 years. If they stop me coming into work or sack me they still have to pay me. My current contract ends September 24 but I signed another contract in December which runs from October 24 to September 25. If they sack me today they have to pay me 21 months salary either each month or as a lump sum; unless I agree to cut a deal. I certainly wouldn't cut a deal.

Short-term contracts guarantee a fixed amount of income for a fixed period. You can be sacked for misconduct but otherwise you get paid. You just have no rights or redundancy the day the contract ends.

Football contracts are a totally different to the normal contracts that you or are I accustomed too.

If a player leaves a club when he's still under contract in which he's not asked for the move ie another club have come in for him or the club wants to release a player before the end of his contract, then the club are obliged to pay up their contract because it's the player that's not facilitated the move.

If the player asks for a move then he forfeits the remainder of his contract at the time of when he leaves the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

But there’s a massive difference between getting hammered by half time and still being in the game at half time, despite what we may think of what we have or haven’t created. It’s face it, if he hadn’t changed it he would have got criticised for not changing things. So it’s whatever suits the narrative isn’t it. 

We never got hammered because of the way we were playing, team's were letting us have plenty of the ball in which we were not hurting them and then the opposition would just score a goal or two and then its game over.

Even at 1-0 down or 2-0 down, Crosby would never divert from how were playing and then dropped all his principles for that second half to save his bacon.

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Why should Walters or Brazier not look at signing for other clubs?

I have no problem with it tbh my issue is that it narks me when a player and his agent think he is better than the club and deserving of more money at Vale than his age group when imo there are better young players who have committed to the club,I dont for one minute think Brazier is actively looking for another club

Opinions differ but this is mine

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I have no problem with it tbh my issue is that it narks me when a player and his agent think he is better than the club and deserving of more money at Vale than his age group when imo there are better young players who have committed to the club,I dont for one minute think Brazier is actively looking for another club

Opinions differ but this is mine

Maybe Walters & Brazier do not want to stop at Vale and they see their career path is better suited elsewhere.

Both players, like all players, will not be bothered one bit about showing loyalty to the Vale or any other club.

2 hours ago, Osh said:

Every time I listen to the coverage I hear managers respecting as we're so difficult to play against. Granted, they might just be being polite but I don't think so. Being a scrapping, ugly team to play against is one thing, but being good at playing football and moving things aroun (as well as being hard to breakdown/beat) is far better. Just my humble opinion. 

I'm rather pleased and encouraged about what we're becoming. 

We have been so easy to play against this season.

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

Maybe Walters & Brazier do not want to stop at Vale and they see their career path is better suited elsewhere.

Both players, like all players, will not be bothered one bit about showing loyalty to the Vale or any other club.

I think you are missing my point but as i say its your opinion and i am fine with that me owd fruit as i dont think we will agree on this and that's just football

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Peterborough utd when played us had all the luck in the world . .

How longs left is it just January?

UTV 

What are you going on about now "Peterborough Utd when played us had all the luck in the world" ?

They beat us without breaking any kind of sweat.

How long is left in January?

Their are 31 days in January Phil and we are currently on the 21st January.  31 - 21 = 10