onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tomorrow's Sentinel

Advert

I think Adam's retained list is now starting to reveal some serious problems.

Some players have jumped at the chance to sign. This is because they know the chance of them finding anything better at this level is very, very slim because they are injured or not good enough.

Meanwhile, Griff - a fans favorite and a decent midfielder - has left, and it looks probable that Richards, undoubtedly our best playing asset will leave.

So this means that what is left of the playing budget after all our dross players have resigned has to be spent very, very carefully, and to be fair Adams greatest strength isn't in the transfer market.

There's also the problem of attracting good players in, when some of our better players have just left.

On top of that, the buzz still needs to built to shift more season tickets. This will only come with a decent squad.

I hope to god Adam's proves me wrong but I'm struggling to see how we will achieve anything more than a mid-table finish right now.

Exactly how I'm feeling.

What I dont understand is Mickey has offered them contracts and no one bats an eyelid and question his management. If this was Sinnot, Glover or Gannon making the decision to offer these 4 contracts everyone would be saying "Sinnot out", "Glover aint got a clue" and "Gannon is a ****" etc. Some people who like to moan on here about these 4 players being offered contract, must then take a step back and actually think if Mickey is the right man for the club. I for one am still undecided, but will give him a chance to see who he brings in over the summer and see how he starts next season.

The flack Williamson is getting is un fair. Hes still only 23 and had 1 season in this league, mainly as a sub or played out of position on the wing.

Richards in his first season netted 5 times in 33 appearances. And is now Vales talisman. Give Williamson a chance as a striker if he dont come good after this season then judge him.

Stephen Mcphee had season with Vale where he netted 3 times in 45 appearances, thats worse than Williamsons record.

Look at our trainspotting neighbours if the rumours are true Man Utd are willing to spend 4 million on Nick Powell, last season he scored no goals in 14 appearances, one year later and he maybe on the verge of joining the biggest club in the world.

So fans need to get behind the team and stop looking for something to moan about.

What I dont understand is Mickey has offered them contracts and no one bats an eyelid and question his management. If this was Sinnot, Glover or Gannon making the decision to offer these 4 contracts everyone would be saying "Sinnot out", "Glover aint got a clue" and "Gannon is a ****" etc. Some people who like to moan on here about these 4 players being offered contract, must then take a step back and actually think if Mickey is the right man for the club. I for one am still undecided, but will give him a chance to see who he brings in over the summer and see how he starts next season.

The flack Williamson is getting is un fair. Hes still only 23 and had 1 season in this league, mainly as a sub or played out of position on the wing.

Richards in his first season netted 5 times in 33 appearances. And is now Vales talisman. Give Williamson a chance as a striker if he dont come good after this season then judge him.

Stephen Mcphee had season with Vale where he netted 3 times in 45 appearances, thats worse than Williamsons record.

Look at our trainspotting neighbours if the rumours are true Man Utd are willing to spend 4 million on Nick Powell, last season he scored no goals in 14 appearances, one year later and he maybe on the verge of joining the biggest club in the world.

So fans need to get behind the team and stop looking for something to moan about.

You obviously haven't read or seen anything on OVF recently... thats ALL people are saying about the offered contracts

However I do agree with you. Williamson doesn't get enough time to prove himself. I'd like to see how many starts he had, and how many minutes he got off the bench. Upfront alongside Rico - or Pope - we're crying out for pace. I think thats why Pope and Rigg worked well when Rico was injured. Either Rigg or Williamson need to be given the chance to actually play upfront. If I was a pacey striker I'd never come the Vale... I'd just end up on the wing!

Archived