onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo Needs Time To Decide

Bycars Ender

My thoughts on this are that Mo is doing absolutely the right thing. This was discussed on RS last night before the game and I think it was Mick Cullerton or Ray Williams got asked what they thought the ballpark for the club is. The answer was approx £6-800K, no more. Given that V2001 paid something like £1.2M for a league 1 club with nowhere hear as much debt as we have now.

So for those of you saying Mo should not get it on the cheap, what exactly is your idea of cheap? Do you know what he is thinking of offering? It is not Mo's responsibility to the V2001 creditors.

Sensible idea from what I can see is that Mo gets it for as cheap as is possible so that more of his battle fund is dedicated to the club and not the creditors. Is there any point in offering a great maximum bid and then finding out you're the only bidder and could have got it at half the price?

My own thoughts are that come next week there will be one or two maimum bids as there is only four in the process now and 50% are probably just speculative.

The one big thing that worries me is that the council have a deciding veto about who takes over, would they say no to all if they do not get there full amount back as a creditor? That would leave us in liquidation state. Seems wrong to me that someone who makes the decision is also the main benifactor!

And yes I personally am 100% behind Mo, if you didn't realise!

Advert

My thoughts on this are that Mo is doing absolutely the right thing. This was discussed on RS last night before the game and I think it was Mick Cullerton or Ray Williams got asked what they thought the ballpark for the club is. The answer was approx £6-800K, no more. Given that V2001 paid something like £1.2M for a league 1 club with nowhere hear as much debt as we have now.

So for those of you saying Mo should not get it on the cheap, what exactly is your idea of cheap? Do you know what he is thinking of offering? It is not Mo's responsibility to the V2001 creditors.

Sensible idea from what I can see is that Mo gets it for as cheap as is possible so that more of his battle fund is dedicated to the club and not the creditors. Is there any point in offering a great maximum bid and then finding out you're the only bidder and could have got it at half the price?

My own thoughts are that come next week there will be one or two maimum bids as there is only four in the process now and 50% are probably just speculative.

The one big thing that worries me is that the council have a deciding veto about who takes over, would they say no to all if they do not get there full amount back as a creditor? That would leave us in liquidation state. Seems wrong to me that someone who makes the decision is also the main benifactor!

And yes I personally am 100% behind Mo, if you didn't realise!

Good post it seems some people on here dont mind paying over the odds when buying things suppose its ok when its other peoples cash.:yes:

Good post it seems some people on here dont mind paying over the odds when buying things suppose its ok when its other peoples cash.:yes:

No wrong, Bob Young has stated it is his job to get the most cash he can for the club, the highest bidder.

Mo has stated that he will not get into a bidding war and that he will not be the highest bidder.

What people are saying is, has mo chaudry put himself out of the picture by saying that, bearing in mind what bob young had said regarding what he wants for the club.

At the end of the day neither myself, yourself or anybody for that matter makes this decision other than bob young/gerald krasner.

Got to get this out of peoples heads that believe they can influence the decision, if the highest bidder is bob youngs brief then thats what it is!!!

No wrong, Bob Young has stated it is his job to get the most cash he can for the club, the highest bidder.

Mo has stated that he will not get into a bidding war and that he will not be the highest bidder.

What people are saying is, has mo chaudry put himself out of the picture by saying that, bearing in mind what bob young had said regarding what he wants for the club.

At the end of the day neither myself, yourself or anybody for that matter makes this decision other than bob young/gerald krasner.

Got to get this out of peoples heads that believe they can influence the decision, if the highest bidder is bob youngs brief then thats what it is!!!

Yes and no

The administrator has a duty to

rescuing the company as a going concern, OR

achieving a better result for the company’s creditors as a whole than would be likely if the company were wound up (without first being in administration), OR

realising property in order to make a distribution to one or more secured or preferential creditors

So it isnt only the highest bid as in rescuing the company has take into account what happens when its sold

Yes and no

The administrator has a duty to

rescuing the company as a going concern, OR

achieving a better result for the company’s creditors as a whole than would be likely if the company were wound up (without first being in administration), OR

realising property in order to make a distribution to one or more secured or preferential creditors

So it isnt only the highest bid as in rescuing the company has take into account what happens when its sold

Then perhaps bob young needs to alter his statement to suit??

If you are ringing him ask him what he said about accepting bids when he first came on board and it wasnt the highest bidder that necessarily would gain control:yes:

I don't blame Mo for taking his time over his decision, even if he gets Port Vale on the "cheap" as some have stated it's still a massive amount of money. He's not made his millions by making silly decisions in the past so why would he start now? I personally hope he does though as i'm sure with his team in and running the show then Port Vale will finally begin to move forward and on to better things in the future.

Did Bob Young not say in an earlier interview his duty was to get the BEST offer for the Club and if the offer was lower he would have to apply to the Courts giving his reasons..........The last time we entered Admin 2001 were NOT the highest bidders. :unsure:

REP no i was not in the Sponsors box with Mo last night, i was below him in the Directors Box......I know my place, does me...;)

P.S.....I was informed that the Oliver the Tramp was in a box more or less ajoining Mo's surrounded by Security men..............I wonder who were paying their wages. :unsure:

A lot of the excuses/problems Mo mentioned in his radio interview last night are not big secrets. We all knew that the Harlequin deal expires in May, we all know the catering is outsourced, we all know the club is under a cloud with low morale.

My personal opinion is that Mo is looking to distance himself from a serious bid.

After 11 years of keeping tabs on Vale he shouldn't need any more time to make his decision.

This doesn't mean I don't support Mo, but I'm beginning to question just how serious he really is.

Archived