onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo Needs Time To Decide

Bycars Ender

A lot of the excuses/problems Mo mentioned in his radio interview last night are not big secrets. We all knew that the Harlequin deal expires in May, we all know the catering is outsourced, we all know the club is under a cloud with low morale.

I commented on this on t'other side

Those deals are with PVFC 2001, which will not exist once the company comes out of admin

Also the fact we had no shirt sponor was used against the club!

So on one hand we have deals and its bad for new owners and then on the other we don't have deals and its bad for new owners

Sorry Ray, but had to disagree with every reason you gave to talk the deal down. The fact we have no shirt sponsor is a good thing and as I say, PVFC (V2001) will no longer exist so contracts with them will either be up for discussion or negotiation with others surely making it much more attractive from the commercial side of things

Also heard a comment from Mo yesterday claiming that when he last made a bid this time last year the club still had £400K left in the bank from the council loan - as if!

Advert

A lot of the excuses/problems Mo mentioned in his radio interview last night are not big secrets. We all knew that the Harlequin deal expires in May, we all know the catering is outsourced, we all know the club is under a cloud with low morale.

My personal opinion is that Mo is looking to distance himself from a serious bid.

After 11 years of keeping tabs on Vale he shouldn't need any more time to make his decision.

This doesn't mean I don't support Mo, but I'm beginning to question just how serious he really is.

I think he's serious, I also think he is nervous at the same time. If he were to get the club it would literally be from a standing start with no guaranteed income streams other than the ticket money

Don't blame Mo for 'Little' creditors thats NOT his problem as he is a Businessman and NOT a ****in Charity.......And as usual you sit on the fence.......Why do these so-called new investors not show their faces as we are little Port Vale........Shut up or put up i say......And i am NOT a 'Only Mo' Club member you sound like you fellow fence sitter Rock on PVO......Mo has put his cards on the table 15 months ago........But since then we have gone into admin owing the Taxman, the Gib wallers, the shirt suppliers, the Program printers, Harlequin......And as you say PLENTY of small business's........That is not his problem thats down to the Admin people.......I have no info on the IPP Vale supporting folk who's topman has an ST at Anfield people, who as far as i know have never sponsored the Program never mind a game.....I can understand why Mo is taking a back seat to weigh up this business deal as he would be mad NOT to......This time last year 90% of this Board supported Mo.....I see a little splinter Group trying to scupper it..............Mo has a lot to lose in this City if he ****ed up......So maybe better the Devil you know IMHO....Rant over...

Sorry Jimmy but your rant is flawed. The creditors matter to Mo more than your view, my view or anyone's view. If the creditors don't agree to Mo's offer, then he doesn't get in or gets in without a CVA which means potentially starting next season on -20 points. He may be a hard nosed businessman but if he wants control of Port Vale he has to listen to each and every creditor and come up with an offer which is acceptable to them. The fact that he is saying the biggest bid shouldn't be the winner is disrespectful to those people who will get a say in whether he gets in or not, and he should do well to remember that. I'm sure he wouldn't be so flippant if it was one of his businesses that Port Vale owed money to.

The supporting thing is irrelevant. The Glazers aren't Manchester United fans, Roman Abramovic isn't a Chelsea fan, I could go on. Where was Mo before he was interested in taking over Vale? Did he attend games? No he didn't. How many times have Waterworld sponsored Port Vale? I can't remember many. None of these things matter for any bidder. All that matters is what they will do in the future not what they did in the past.

As for sitting on the fence, I want the best deal for Port Vale. That may not be Mo. That's not sitting on the fence, that's keeping an open mind. I know nothing about any of the bidders or what they will offer Port Vale so I'm not going to nail my mast to any one bidder. That's not me trying to scupper Mo's bid either. Unfortunately the "only Mo" camp seem to think any attempt to keep an open mind is actually people trying to scupper Mo's bid which is nonsense.

Last year it was Mo vs V2001, so it was obvious that 90% would back Mo. Now it's Mo vs IPP vs ?? vs ?? vs ?? vs ??. How do we know Mo is the best one? We knew that last year, none of us have a clue now.

Sorry Jimmy but your rant is flawed. The creditors matter to Mo more than your view, my view or anyone's view. If the creditors don't agree to Mo's offer, then he doesn't get in or gets in without a CVA which means potentially starting next season on -20 points. He may be a hard nosed businessman but if he wants control of Port Vale he has to listen to each and every creditor and come up with an offer which is acceptable to them. The fact that he is saying the biggest bid shouldn't be the winner is disrespectful to those people who will get a say in whether he gets in or not, and he should do well to remember that. I'm sure he wouldn't be so flippant if it was one of his businesses that Port Vale owed money to.

The supporting thing is irrelevant. The Glazers aren't Manchester United fans, Roman Abramovic isn't a Chelsea fan, I could go on. Where was Mo before he was interested in taking over Vale? Did he attend games? No he didn't. How many times have Waterworld sponsored Port Vale? I can't remember many. None of these things matter for any bidder. All that matters is what they will do in the future not what they did in the past.

As for sitting on the fence, I want the best deal for Port Vale. That may not be Mo. That's not sitting on the fence, that's keeping an open mind. I know nothing about any of the bidders or what they will offer Port Vale so I'm not going to nail my mast to any one bidder. That's not me trying to scupper Mo's bid either. Unfortunately the "only Mo" camp seem to think any attempt to keep an open mind is actually people trying to scupper Mo's bid which is nonsense.

Last year it was Mo vs V2001, so it was obvious that 90% would back Mo. Now it's Mo vs IPP vs ?? vs ?? vs ?? vs ??. How do we know Mo is the best one? We knew that last year, none of us have a clue now.

Fair play Mark, you make good points........Respect.;)

yes, shall i ring him or you ?

Why should i ring him i mean its not like he'd listen but it would help, him getting it right therefore stopping any confusion.

If i do ring would you like me to tell him how only Mo will do and no one else matters?

Why should i ring him i mean its not like he'd listen but it would help, him getting it right therefore stopping any confusion.

If i do ring would you like me to tell him how only Mo will do and no one else matters?

Im shocked that you only want Mo, personally Im open to all bids and im waiting with interest on the developing news

You should ring Bob Young as you want him to retract his statement

Im shocked that you only want Mo, personally Im open to all bids and im waiting with interest on the developing news

You should ring Bob Young as you want him to retract his statement

Hahahaha you're ace you are, really smart like.

Don't try twist my words.

You obviously don't believe anybody has the right to just make a statement, Maybe you think that nobody else has as much interest in the survival of port vale than yourself.

I just wonder if you've been so proactive with some of the statements you may possibly have made. Thats right, you'll say you have even if you haven't.:laugh::laugh:

Hahahaha you're ace you are, really smart like.

Don't try twist my words.

You obviously don't believe anybody has the right to just make a statement, Maybe you think that nobody else has as much interest in the survival of port vale than yourself.

I just wonder if you've been so proactive with some of the statements you may possibly have made. Thats right, you'll say you have even if you haven't.:laugh::laugh:

Im now confused

I have twisted nothing

Im convinced there are thousands of people concerned about the survival of PVFC all over the world, Im just one of them.

Im open to all bidders, you are not, thats your choice not mine.

Im now confused

I have twisted nothing

Im convinced there are thousands of people concerned about the survival of PVFC all over the world, Im just one of them.

Im open to all bidders, you are not, thats your choice not mine.

Have you even bothered to look at my recent posts over the last couple of days?

I've just spent 2 days having it out with a hell of a lot of posters that only see chaudry as the one and only viable option.

I've spent 2 days trying to say that every bidder should be looked at upon their own merits once they release their intentions.

The mo thing in my post you are referring to was in reference to that, people being blind to one person when we dont even know what his bid contains anymore.

Eggs and basket springs to mind.

1 question i couldn't get an answer to though was, what happens if mo doesnt get it as so many expect? There will be a lot of unhappy let down people that probably wont give another person a chance because mo is seen as some sort of saviour.

I personally think mos intentions are now diluted, and before anyone asks for evidence which seems to be the way to go on here at the minute i dont have anything other than a gut feeling.

Hopefully you can see why i may get a bit irate at being labelled a closed minded person, i am far from that.:yes:

============

Based on what I heard on RS last week I think he's shot himself in the foot.

Quote "i will not get involved in a bidding war and I won't be the highest bidder"

Shortly after, Bob young interview, quote "it is my job to sell the club to the highest bidder as long as I can see they have a plan to move the club forward in the future" think maybe mo could've made an error there.

from my understanding bob young should sell the club to the highest bidder,but if he wishes to sell to a lower bidder the would need to go court for this to be allowed===

Archived