onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

RW Gig?

Caroline Oakes

The last vale game he went to was a Brentford away one and although it was good of him to meet the fans before the match, you got the feeling that he only went to take his girlfriend (at the time) shopping in London.

I haven't been to a home game this season, does this mean I'm not a fan? Would it hurt to try?

Advert

All this talk of the council looking for investors to see us through admin worries me. I'm sure the council would give us a 'one off' entertainment licence(?) if Robbie (and mates) would agree to do a gig at Vale Park and donate the funds. What are the chances? With an e-mail campaign;)

an excellent idea caroline :yes: and this is something that should be pursued :yes: . maybe a topic for sunday .

Whilst I agree that it would be great to see RW doing a concert at the Vale... WTF planet are some of you on? (PS: I don't like his 'Music')

"Hey Rob, lets do a gig at the Vale on Monday"

"Yea sure, I will get my stage and lighting rig out of the shed, and be there Sunday to set up. We can do the sound check Monday morning and be ready to go by about erm...12:30"

How has he generated lots of money in the past everything else I agree with.

I went to the same school as him. When he was making it we had Central News and Midlands Today in filming asking pupils (including my girlfriend) about the support he had given to the Vale all off the back of wearing his Vale kit on tour all over the world. I'm sure the club would testify to the rediculous amount of merchandise they sold to non-Vale fans from 1,000s of miles away.

Whilst I agree that it would be great to see RW doing a concert at the Vale... WTF planet are some of you on? (PS: I don't like his 'Music')

"Yea sure, I will get my stage and lighting rig out of the shed, and be there Sunday to set up. We can do the sound check Monday morning and be ready to go by about erm...12:30"

Spot on!

If not a gig how about a benefit match. Robbie and maybe some ex players could play in that. Maybe have some kind of competition so average vale fan could get a chance to play, £10 a ticket could make a nice little earner for the club. Just a thought

June / July 2012??

If not a gig how about a benefit match. Robbie and maybe some ex players could play in that. Maybe have some kind of competition so average vale fan could get a chance to play, £10 a ticket could make a nice little earner for the club. Just a thought

That's more like it, something that may actually be achievable.

Have a gold star son!

Steady you will be ridiculed by people who have no ambition, v2001 it seems beat it out of them!!

Another great idea. We could also ask Jonny Wilkes, Phil Taylor, Simon Webbe, Danielle Wyatt etc.

I'm sure Speedy would be thrilled about his pitch being knackered too.

Have you ever seen the foundations required for a stage big enough to entertain such a show?

No?

Thought not.

Back to the drawing board?

Archived