onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

RW Gig?

Caroline Oakes

Ach, the question you should ask RW is, do you have the kit available at hand, which isn't going to cost you to put on a show? My guess he doesn't.

Some people here are starting to get as desperate as the board by screaming out for hand outs to firefight the short term.

The only way PVFC will survive for future generations is to not spend more money that comes in. Not Rocket science is it?

This isn't about a hand-out, this is so the council can put us into admin knowing they don't have to fund it at the tax-payers expense. As I see it that is the major stumbling block. They are seeking investors to see us through the admin period. Can you imagine what would happen if the old guard decided to offer their help?

Advert

Typical Vale fan mentality, it maybe realistic but let's aim high for once. That could be our Plan B x

Why do we have this Little Port Vale Mentality?

A local media/council that has always put our neighbours first even when we were having the better time of it.

Commentators (Gerald Sinstadt inc) reminding us continually that we are only a small club. And that when we were in the championship we were punching above our weight.

Weve lost approx 6000 supporters in 15 years

We have lost things to beureacratic nonsense and not had the financial clout to to challenge the decisions, weve just had to accept it.

The only way this will change is by someone with shed loads of cash putting us in the Premier League, but we will always be little Port Vale.

Why do we have this Little Port Vale Mentality?

A local media/council that has always put our neighbours first even when we were having the better time of it.

Commentators (Gerald Sinstadt inc) reminding us continually that we are only a small club. And that when we were in the championship we were punching above our weight.

Weve lost approx 6000 supporters in 15 years

We have lost things to beureacratic nonsense and not had the financial clout to to challenge the decisions, weve just had to accept it.

The only way this will change is by someone with shed loads of cash putting us in the Premier League, but we will always be little Port Vale.

Not in my eyes!

I appreciate the idea from the OP but a concert at Vale Park will never happen again. I havent read the whole thread here, but I know that the council would object (i know it sounds daft as they want the money back) and would not grant permission due to being in close proximity to a big housing estate (again offer free tickets or such like still wouldnt work) then the added problems with traffic ect. I for one would love a concert at the ground, but will never happen.

Caroline a fab idea,

and the benefit match as well, i would be willing to help to,

ive been taught in life that unless you try you never know, if the council refuse it then it cant be sed that ppl havent tried,

we need all the support we can atm and ideas to help,

Keep me updated please on ne of the events, ive organised charity events before but not as big as this, but Port Vale will have lots of contacts so GO FOR IT

Caroline a fab idea,

and the benefit match as well, i would be willing to help to,

ive been taught in life that unless you try you never know, if the council refuse it then it cant be sed that ppl havent tried,

we need all the support we can atm and ideas to help,

Keep me updated please on ne of the events, ive organised charity events before but not as big as this, but Port Vale will have lots of contacts so GO FOR IT

Now a benefit match is more feasible - A Port Vale select 18 of old and current Pros, with Micky Adams as manager against a supporters 18 with 12 positions up for auction, and with the other 6 places, people pay a tenner for the opportunity to be put in a draw which could be drawn by an ex player or Mickey himself.

This side could either be managed by the Horse or if he would help out Sir John of Rudge? Play it at Vale Park, open the gates for £5 free for kids. Get Phil Dowd to ref it.

If Robbie wanted to get involved he could be included in either the players eighteen or the supporters eighteen, im sure he;d auction anyway.

Notts County do summat similar but not for the same cause they just do it to be close to their fans, it was on sky the other week.

Every player from Vale signs their shirt on the day and then they get auctioned either at half time or after the match via this site or the official site.

If corperate sponsors want to get involved they can sponsor the match, the ball, the strips as per a normal match/season?

Now a benefit match is more feasible - A Port Vale select 18 of old and current Pros, with Micky Adams as manager against a supporters 18 with 12 positions up for auction, and with the other 6 places, people pay a tenner for the opportunity to be put in a draw which could be drawn by an ex player or Mickey himself.

This side could either be managed by the Horse or if he would help out Sir John of Rudge? Play it at Vale Park, open the gates for £5 free for kids. Get Phil Dowd to ref it.

If Robbie wanted to get involved he could be included in either the players eighteen or the supporters eighteen, im sure he;d auction anyway.

Notts County do summat similar but not for the same cause they just do it to be close to their fans, it was on sky the other week.

Every player from Vale signs their shirt on the day and then they get auctioned either at half time or after the match via this site or the official site.

If corperate sponsors want to get involved they can sponsor the match, the ball, the strips as per a normal match/season?

or a Port vale old boys match, see if we could get enough Ex vale players like Earle, Guppy etc. to play a match against the current team, with Rudgie as their manager.

Plan C could be for Robbie to release his version of The Wonder of You with all Royalties going to the Vale.

He could also offer two VIP tickets to his next gig with an after show meet with the Robster for photos and autographs etc. These tickets could be put on Ebay and I am sure that with good publicity some wealthy fan would pay a lot of money for this.

Off topic about Robbie but other ideas to raise money.

!. Ask some of our old players to donate items from their playing days, signed match worn shirts etc. I am also sure that the likes of Mark Bright know Premiership players who could also donate items. Neville Chamberlain could ask his nephew Alex to get Arsenal items.All these items to be auctioned off to raise funds.

Write to all clubs in the Premiership and Football League to also donate items, again to raise money from auctioning these items.

A special Sportsman's Dinner with comedian Mick Miller and A host of ex players or top speaker that will do it for free.

I appreciate the idea from the OP but a concert at Vale Park will never happen again. I havent read the whole thread here, but I know that the council would object (i know it sounds daft as they want the money back) and would not grant permission due to being in close proximity to a big housing estate (again offer free tickets or such like still wouldnt work) then the added problems with traffic ect. I for one would love a concert at the ground, but will never happen.

The council would not object and would grant permission. They have no problems at all with it

Archived