onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Get Out of Port Vale Website

Birdy

Advert

It should be sent to the directors of our opponents the day before matches and posted on the fan sites the day before too.

People have short memories and aren't interested in the details of other peoples clubs so doing it at the right time and leaving it fresh in the mind is good.

Doesn't the new Sentinel website allow people to post any old stuff and have it appear alongside news articles. Might be worth trying that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen NLV Malc's tweet about the get out of vale website being updated

There's a couple of excellent articles on the website and that timeline now links to most of the webpages so is a good source of information

they're also asking for some contributors and as many people as possible to promote the website in any ways you can

Also they're asking for ideas, articles of your own to submit, people to transcribe video or audio footage, take a look at the help us page

http://www.getoutofportvale.co.uk

Just seen NLV Malc's tweet about the get out of vale website being updated

There's a couple of excellent articles on the website and that timeline now links to most of the webpages so is a good source of information

they're also asking for some contributors and as many people as possible to promote the website in any ways you can

Also they're asking for ideas, articles of your own to submit, people to transcribe video or audio footage, take a look at the help us page

http://www.getoutofportvale.co.uk

Just put the website URL on another football forum, Gary. :)

Great job.

Is there a way to ensure that when either of their names is "Googled" that the "Getoutofportvale" web-site appears at the top of the Google "hits/results list page".

I Googled both PD and PM and the web-site didn't show up on the first two pages for either search.

Great job.

Is there a way to ensure that when either of their names is "Googled" that the "Getoutofportvale" web-site appears at the top of the Google "hits/results list page".

I Googled both PD and PM and the web-site didn't show up on the first two pages for either search.

Stuff like that takes time and I understand the more links to it around the Internet, the more sites that link to it and google finds whilst trawling the Internet then the higher it goes too

Great job.

How much does it cost to sponsor a site with Google? That'd bring it to the top for sure.

Great job.

You will need to register an account with google webmasters who will give you a piece of code to place in the header of your site and them submit your site map.

It is also useful to save images of the scroutes as there names on your pc and then upload to your website then the images in question will show up in google images when there names are searched.

Have an individual page for each scrote and make sure their name is in the url, the header tag and a description about said scrote.

Try and get links to the pages from the home page of ovf and pvo and any other website you can.

Failing all that give me access to the site (through twitters if needed ;)) and ill sort it all and more for you. ===

PS we have a vacancy for a junior web developer if any one knows anyone.

You will need to register an account with google webmasters who will give you a piece of code to place in the header of your site and them submit your site map.

It is also useful to save images of the scroutes as there names on your pc and then upload to your website then the images in question will show up in google images when there names are searched.

Have an individual page for each scrote and make sure their name is in the url, the header tag and a description about said scrote.

Try and get links to the pages from the home page of ovf and pvo and any other website you can.

Failing all that give me access to the site (through twitters if needed ;)) and ill sort it all and more for you. ===

PS we have a vacancy for a junior web developer if any one knows anyone.

I've not had anything to do with the creation of the web-site and don't know who has. I was just suggesting this from the perspective of a hiring manager who may Google a potential job candidate's name.

Archived