onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ticket prices

deantaberner

Has anybody wondered how macc town can charge 14quid for their matchday tickets, get a smaller crowd than us and still not be as much in the financial mess that we have found ourselves in?

Are our players paid a lot more than macc players would you say?

I know the obvious answer is that they haven't got a miller and deakin problem but what do you lads think?

Advert

Has anybody wondered how macc town can charge 14quid for their matchday tickets, get a smaller crowd than us and still not be as much in the financial mess that we have found ourselves in?

Are our players paid a lot more than macc players would you say?

I know the obvious answer is that they haven't got a miller and deakin problem but what do you lads think?

We had financial problems well before Miller and Deakin, so the answer must lie elsewhere - with the mismanagement of the previous Board....and not least, the sainted William Amos.....

It's also possible that Macc's directors actually invested significant amounts in the club, unlike Jackson and others who "promised" but never delivered, which is the one thing all potential "saviours" of the Vale have had in common under V2001.

In order to get a better idea, we'd probably need to see their accounts and see where the money goes - I suspect they have a smaller overall wage bill, and it could be that they make more money from their commercial side or sponsorship....Vale is a potential goldmine, if better use was made of the facilities available - and one of the very few things that Deakin did positively was a greater emphasis on the commercial side of the business, but then he didn't have a lot to compete with with the former CEO!!!!

Not sure if that explains it all....

We had financial problems well before Miller and Deakin, so the answer must lie elsewhere - with the mismanagement of the previous Board....and not least, the sainted William Amos.....

It's also possible that Macc's directors actually invested significant amounts in the club, unlike Jackson and others who "promised" but never delivered, which is the one thing all potential "saviours" of the Vale have had in common under V2001.

In order to get a better idea, we'd probably need to see their accounts and see where the money goes - I suspect they have a smaller overall wage bill, and it could be that they make more money from their commercial side or sponsorship....Vale is a potential goldmine, if better use was made of the facilities available - and one of the very few things that Deakin did positively was a greater emphasis on the commercial side of the business, but then he didn't have a lot to compete with with the former CEO!!!!

Not sure if that explains it all....

macc have a very hard working and totally wage free chairman, and limited office staff0f 4,2 commercial staff, on the playing side,simmo and his number 2, 1 physio and a masseuse, and 1 kit man, no coaches,no scouts etc plus the succesful youth set up of 3 staff !! compare that to vale or any other lg 2 club and its a miracle what they do and puts the vale to shame i would imagine, i read on here vale have 18,yes 18 commercial staff which i do find hard to believe to be honest !! i forgot to mention 2 groundstaff and 1 chef and i think thats about it :razz:

macc have a very hard working and totally wage free chairman, and limited office staff0f 4,2 commercial staff, on the playing side,simmo and his number 2, 1 physio and a masseuse, and 1 kit man, no coaches,no scouts etc plus the succesful youth set up of 3 staff !! compare that to vale or any other lg 2 club and its a miracle what they do and puts the vale to shame i would imagine, i read on here vale have 18,yes 18 commercial staff which i do find hard to believe to be honest !! i forgot to mention 2 groundstaff and 1 chef and i think thats about it :razz:

Don't forget they got good sponsorship all round the ground to top it all they even sell players for money!!!!:D

I noticed last year when I purchased a hot dog they charged £4 which had been written over there normal price of £2 on the board at the kiosk...perhaps that helps?

alternatively, perhaps they are run by people who are professional in their jobs.....

Archived