onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo's thoughts on Facebook

Mr Carter

Advert

To be fair to Mark, he isn't coming across as anything like a board supporter. We have all said and done daft things in the past, but we need unity now and having a go at him is not helpful. I read Mark's posts as him acknowledging that things are not good and he should be given a hearing.

I know that there is considerable anger at Glenn and rightly so, but direct it at Glenn himself.

To be fair to Mark, he isn't coming across as anything like a board supporter. We have all said and done daft things in the past, but we need unity now and having a go at him is not helpful. I read Mark's posts as him acknowledging that things are not good and he should be given a hearing.

I know that there is considerable anger at Glenn and rightly so, but direct it at Glenn himself.

Thanks Mark

Look at what Churchill did at Dardanelles and then look at what he become......A national hero

We can all make mistakes......the trick is to learn from them

What has happened with Miller and Deakin is beyond credibility. I thought the old board were genuinely protective of the club, the reason to oppose Mo Chaudry, yet they or possibly Mike Lloyd to a greater extent, have left the club in the hands of people who are at best not credible or reliable. In fact their wrong doing to date is extraordinary because there was no chance of getting away with it undetected and now they face a permanent shareholder / fan dispute they can't get over.

I don't know the circumstances of Mo Chaudry but I do know that my wife's £10k PEP now an ISA has gone up and down like a yo yo and that was a mid 1990's investment. Our other investments of that nature relying on the stock market more recently are also volatile. So it isn't the road to riches for most people unless you are prepared to become a stock market expert and do it yourself or pay the money to invest in a first rate fund such as run by Warren Buffett.

The fact that Mo Chaudry worked as a fananical advisor and sold investments that have under performed does not make him a bad person. If he sold them providing genuine information about past performance and current standing at the time - the only information available - it's not his fault they have not done well. That is down to bad fund management. One thing that stands out is that most investors put their money in funds that are relatively risk averse, but the big money is made by hedgefund investors and pension funds, for example, are not allowed - I think - to invest in hedgefunds.

So I do appreciate that many miners and other people will be angry about what has happened to their investments involving Mo Chaudry, but it isn't easy to find a long term winning road.

Archived