onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Decision time

geosname

After all that has been revealed and has yet to be revealed its time to make some hard decisions.

I have read countless posts about who is to blame, bratt, oliver, lloyd, the old board, the new board just about everyone and his dog has been in the firing line and although it is very useful to know their involvement it doesnt solve the problems we face, but I do understand that it vents a little anger.

The question still remains...... how far are we prepared to go?

Turning up to watch the game wont do the cause any good, they will probably see it as a mandate to keep going, or at least they will in the PR war that will sooner or later explode.

Just shouting at the building wont have an effect either, they will just hide away as the previous lot did and lets be honest it wont affect their pay packet.

I dont know the answer but whatever it is it has to be well supported by a large number of fans, a couple of hundred with the rest "watching the football" will do no good.

In my opinion the only way to really affect them is to hit them where they live.... in the pocket.... yes it will cause problems for the club but lets get honest this fight isnt going to be decided by morals or scruples because I dont think they have any and if anyone is expecting them to just stand down they may be sadly mistaken, thats what honourable men do.

Will it cause administration?... quite possibly

Will Mo come riding to the rescue.... possibly

Would I accept administration to get rid of miller/deakin/lloyd/oliver?.... quite frankly, although I would try to avoid it normally, yes I would.... I dont want it or welcome it but I honestly think that it may be the only way, without some compromise with the other people we dont want to be in the boardroom, and I think the time for compromise has gone.

What are the alternatives?

Advert

Well Geo, it's clear for all Valiants to see: Perry & Co have no intention of going without being starved out, and this hurts me to say because there are some good folk who work for the 'Club ergo 'For us All'.

Is this current saga the absolute nadir of all time for all things Port Vale?

Frankly, I don't know except to say the time is well past to be shut of these struggs (Pottery idiom for outsiders).

Maybe SoE is the only way...

===

I agree Barry SEO is the only way to get the Vermin out.........I hope we have a massive protest next week followed by a mass exit of Vale Park including ST holders who enter the Ground and exit after maybe 15 minutes on mass.......I am sorry if it upsets Micky and the playing staff BUT it hurts to be kind at times.

Maybe through the Supporters Club we could organise a Coach or two to away games and show we have not completley deserted the First team and MA. Thoughts. :unsure:

I agree Barry SEO is the only way to get the Vermin out.........I hope we have a massive protest next week followed by a mass exit of Vale Park including ST holders who enter the Ground and exit after maybe 15 minutes on mass.......I am sorry if it upsets Micky and the playing staff BUT it hurts to be kind at times.

Maybe through the Supporters Club we could organise a Coach or two to away games and show we have not completley deserted the First team and MA. Thoughts. :unsure:

Aup Jimmy, I've read where a number of Valiants have talked in general terms re letting Micky & the 'Lads know we support them, but your idea is a good one - given it isn't already finding fruition elsewhere ===

Aup Jimmy, I've read where a number of Valiants have talked in general terms re letting Micky & the 'Lads know we support them, but your idea is a good one - given it isn't already finding fruition elsewhere ===

I am happy to organise the Coaches and maybe a pub stop etc Barry as long as the Supporters Club can supply maybe a pay-pal type of account to collect the monies etc.

e.g. Hereford or Southend for starters.

What is clear is they have to go. Even if there were a shred of truth in the RS interview (not in my opinion) it shows them to be glaringly incompetent as well as bare faced liars. Port Vale will cease to exist if they are allowed to continue. The problem is the people who feel bad about boycotting....and the ones who refuse to see the wood for the trees. Though even they must be getting splinters now. I believe that administration is the clubs best hope. There is a malaise hanging over the club as it lurches from one catastrophe to another. The post Bell era has been a complete disaster. Fresh start is needed to reinvigorate the club, the staff, the players, existing supporters, and potential new ones. I have been starving them out since they turned a five figure sponsorship deal into a charitable donation. But I will protest whenever they are arranged. The future of PVFC has never been more in peril than it is today, in my view.

I agree Barry SEO is the only way to get the Vermin out.........I hope we have a massive protest next week followed by a mass exit of Vale Park including ST holders who enter the Ground and exit after maybe 15 minutes on mass.......I am sorry if it upsets Micky and the playing staff BUT it hurts to be kind at times. Maybe through the Supporters Club we could organise a Coach or two to away games and show we have not completley deserted the First team and MA. Thoughts. :unsure:

I think entering the ground and then exiting after 15 minutes is a good one, it could have a real impact and send a positive message.

Its a big ask for fans to not attend let alone walk out after 15 minutes.... if by some freak we score 1 or 2 in that time no one will exit and we are back to square one.....

I dont think adams or the players should be a consideration... its that bad

What is clear is they have to go. Even if there were a shred of truth in the RS interview (not in my opinion) it shows them to be glaringly incompetent as well as bare faced liars. Port Vale will cease to exist if they are allowed to continue. The problem is the people who feel bad about boycotting....and the ones who refuse to see the wood for the trees. Though even they must be getting splinters now. I believe that administration is the clubs best hope. There is a malaise hanging over the club as it lurches from one catastrophe to another. The post Bell era has been a complete disaster. Fresh start is needed to reinvigorate the club, the staff, the players, existing supporters, and potential new ones. I have been starving them out since they turned a five figure sponsorship deal into a charitable donation. But I will protest whenever they are arranged. The future of PVFC has never been more in peril than it is today, in my view.

Hi Jason,

This time around we'll need to be 'smarter than the average bear' or we'll end up being 'mugged' again.

One thing that crosses my mind re PD & Co is that should things get really nasty they may become as dangerous as someone cornered who know the game is up, and being caught 'with their pants down' - so to speak.

Yes, we'll need to be very mindful indeed.

===

The previous lot (V2001) were deluded and thought that they would remain in totality so although damaging to the Vale were not deadly.

This bunch has no allusions and will strip the Vale to its bare bones before jumping ship leaving the fans to pick up the pieces.

We are between a rock and a hard place, the more we achieve in forcing them to quit, the more damage (scorched earth) they will do to our club

In my opinion, the only way is legal so that they are financially accountable for their actions, however “possession is nine tenths of the law” so legally they hold most of the cards.

Sad to day, the longer it goes on, the less we (the supporters) will get back of the Vale

Hi Jason,

This time around we'll need to be 'smarter than the average bear' or we'll end up being 'mugged' again.

One thing that crosses my mind re PD & Co is that should things get really nasty they may become as dangerous as someone cornered who know the game is up, and being caught 'with their pants down' - so to speak.

Yes, we'll need to be very mindful indeed.

===

Shouldn't be an issue Barry. The supporters have acted with thought and intelligence in previous demonstrations, protests, websites and emails. I'm sure they can go up another gear :D

The previous lot (V2001) were deluded and thought that they would remain in totality so although damaging to the Vale were not deadly.

This bunch has no allusions and will strip the Vale to its bare bones before jumping ship leaving the fans to pick up the pieces.

We are between a rock and a hard place, the more we achieve in forcing them to quit, the more damage (scorched earth) they will do to our club

In my opinion, the only way is legal so that they are financially accountable for their actions, however “possession is nine tenths of the law” so legally they hold most of the cards.

Sad to day, the longer it goes on, the less we (the supporters) will get back of the Vale

If their intention is to strip it, I think it is, the longer they are in the more they get the chance to take.

What if there is no "legal" way? what if they are stripping because they can? do we let them continue?

Thats why we need to make a decision about what we do and how far we are prepared to go..... I think we are screwed if we leave them in and maybe screwed if we take them out..... I see it in slightly more simplistic terms.... with them there is no hope.... without them there is hope

I am fairly new to this website and both me and my son aged 11 are season ticket holders.What really hurts is how Vale have managed to split supporters into 2 groups-those who attend and are committed like myself because I have invested cash at the start of the season and those who used to go but criticise those who attend.It is difficult what to do next and the team need to start winning games so that we can get enough points to consider admin.Jeans suggestion for the 2 squatters(Miller and Deakin)to be put up for re-election would show fans do not want them.Would anyone want to put themselves forward to approach Peter Coates as he has the money to contribute to legal action to get rid of these squatters who wont just walk away before they have bled the club dry.Before I am criticised it is only an opinion-Coates knows about the area he may think it is good for the people of Stoke on Trent as I'm sure he understands about local rivalry but would not want or need to get involved.The club will not consider Mo-I think that is clear but apart from Coates there is no one else with the financial backing to help us.The only alternative is admin and I dont think we would have the desire from the players to make up 17 points if admin was the answer.Don't shoot me down in flames as it is only my opinion-the thread asked "What do we do next?"

I am fairly new to this website and both me and my son aged 11 are season ticket holders.What really hurts is how Vale have managed to split supporters into 2 groups-those who attend and are committed like myself because I have invested cash at the start of the season and those who used to go but criticise those who attend.It is difficult what to do next and the team need to start winning games so that we can get enough points to consider admin.Jeans suggestion for the 2 squatters(Miller and Deakin)to be put up for re-election would show fans do not want them.Would anyone want to put themselves forward to approach Peter Coates as he has the money to contribute to legal action to get rid of these squatters who wont just walk away before they have bled the club dry.Before I am criticised it is only an opinion-Coates knows about the area he may think it is good for the people of Stoke on Trent as I'm sure he understands about local rivalry but would not want or need to get involved.The club will not consider Mo-I think that is clear but apart from Coates there is no one else with the financial backing to help us.The only alternative is admin and I dont think we would have the desire from the players to make up 17 points if admin was the answer.Don't shoot me down in flames as it is only my opinion-the thread asked "What do we do next?"

Your entitled to your opinion, but I have to say... I don't agree with it at all..

Peter Coates to finance legal costs? He's a local wealthy businessman that supports Stoke, he is not Santa Claus!

Coates hates the vale. He would rather we closed and they were the only club in the area.

Archived