onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What formation would you play?

mitchpvfc

Unfortunately, even with Adams back in charge we won't go up this season. The summer signings all might turn out to be decent players, but it will take the likes of Green, Burge and Williamson time to adapt. And while I don't expect any player to be brilliant every week in League Two, we also have too many players who blow hot and cold, I'm talking about the likes of Roberts, Taylor, Haldane and Dodds.

Personally, for me Roberts flatters to deceive far too often and I'd prefer to see Sam Morsy in the side ahead of him. Griffith/Roberts in the middle of the park together in a standard 4-4-2 just doesn't work. Also, since changing to the new formation we've been leaking goals left, right and center, and personally I'd rather get back to see Vale winning 1-0 (when I attend!) than losing 3-2 as in the last two league outings.

I also wouldn't be against Lee Collins being dropped for a while. He's nowhere near the standard he was playing at 16 or so month ago, and a kick up the **** might put him back on track.

With everybody fit and available for selection:

Tomlinson

Green/Collins

McCombe

Owen

Yates

Dodds/Little

Griffith

Loft

R. Taylor

Richards

Rigg

Advert

4-4-2 and play our best players in their best players.

That means dropping players like Pope and Roberts who aren't performing.

Glad to see someone picking the team on performance rather than reputation or theory.

For me Morsy should get a decent run now.

Haven't seen Williamson, Burge or Little, but if they're performing well, get 'em in.

--------------tomlinson--------------

yates----mccombe----owen----collins

----------loft--------griffith----------

---------------morsy------------------

---------rigg------------little-----------

--------------richards------------------

bench: Martin,green,roberts,dodds,williamson

i dont think rob taylor is too good, burge maybe worth a try, but its upto micky i suppose

--------------tomlinson--------------

yates----mccombe----owen----collins

----------loft--------griffith----------

---------------morsy------------------

---------rigg------------little-----------

--------------richards------------------

bench: Martin,mcdonald,roberts,dodds,pope

Unfortunately, even with Adams back in charge we won't go up this season. The summer signings all might turn out to be decent players, but it will take the likes of Green, Burge and Williamson time to adapt. And while I don't expect any player to be brilliant every week in League Two, we also have too many players who blow hot and cold, I'm talking about the likes of Roberts, Taylor, Haldane and Dodds.

Personally, for me Roberts flatters to deceive far too often and I'd prefer to see Sam Morsy in the side ahead of him. Griffith/Roberts in the middle of the park together in a standard 4-4-2 just doesn't work. Also, since changing to the new formation we've been leaking goals left, right and center, and personally I'd rather get back to see Vale winning 1-0 (when I attend!) than losing 3-2 as in the last two league outings.

I also wouldn't be against Lee Collins being dropped for a while. He's nowhere near the standard he was playing at 16 or so month ago, and a kick up the **** might put him back on track.

With everybody fit and available for selection:

Tomlinson

Green/Collins

McCombe

Owen

Yates

Dodds/Little

Griffith

Loft

R. Taylor

Richards

Rigg

Collins is out for a further 3 weeks anyhow

4-4-2 is not to be knocked. It's the simplest system for players to play. A good choice when you need to stabilize like we do now. Then there is the question, do you play players out of position because they've played well, or play players in position? I'm a big believer in playing players in position. So I'd go 442

Tommo

Green Mac Owen Yates

Taylor Griff Roberts Loft

Rigg Richards

Sorry for putting you out of position Lofty, but you are so good you can play anywhere. Also sorry Boom, but after a shakey start to the season third choice centre half.

Archived