onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2016 Ryder Cup

Paul6754

Advert

The golf, atmosphere and the excitement today was about as good as it gets, these guys are incredible. Tomorrows is gonna be just as exciting with some high intensity singles, gonna be tough for Europe.

Time for Europe to delay naming one or perhaps two of the captains picks 'til the week before the event as Paul Casey would surely have been one of the captain's pick rather than an out of form/putting disaster of a Westwood or Kaymer.

What a gutless ***** Westwood is' date=' definitely over the hill now.[/quote']

He's not gutless at all, just has the yips and shouldn't have been one of the capiain's picks in a match play competition for this reason alone, the same could be said of Kaymer. Heartbraking to see his miss on the 17th & 18th. I'd guess Clarke picked both for experience 'cause his team had 6 rookies. The yips don't respect experience though.

He's not gutless at all, just has the yips and shouldn't have been one of the capiain's picks in a match play competition for this reason alone, the same could be said of Kaymer. Heartbraking to see his miss on the 17th & 18th. I'd guess Clarke picked both for experience 'cause his team had 6 rookies. The yips don't respect experience though.

Who would you have picked instead of Kaymer and Westwood? I think we will see different players in the singles today. Westwood holed some tremendous putts last night and Kaymer has been a bit out of sorts after a quiet season. Both world class players though and hard to leave either out of the team.

Can't agree with that at all, if he's picked he should have had a heart to heart with Clarke.

I'd also disagree about the atmosphere particularly later in the day, see Rory's, Sergio's and Poulter's comments about some of the idiots.

Whilst the majority of the crowd were great some were an utter disgrace to the game of golf. Willet's brothers comments were stupid in terms of the timing but bang on about a select few.

Who would you have picked instead of Kaymer and Westwood? I think we will see different players in the singles today. Westwood holed some tremendous putts last night and Kaymer has been a bit out of sorts after a quiet season. Both world class players though and hard to leave either out of the team.

He missed the two most important Ines.

What tournaments has he won this year?

It seems I know more than you on this one, as your knowledge appears to be the same as the number of points he's won for us in this tournament!

He was in contention for 2 majors as he usually is every year, he has valuable Ryder Cup experience and can see why Clarke opted for him over Knox who would have been another rookie. You clearly don't know as much about golf as you think you do if you think its acceptable to call a world class player like Westwood gutless and over the hill. Yes he has not had the best Ryder Cup but words like that aren't usually used in golf. I work in the industry but I bow to your superior knowledge as usual. Is there any subject which you don't know more about everyone else about?

He was in contention for 2 majors as he usually is every year, he has valuable Ryder Cup experience and can see why Clarke opted for him over Knox who would have been another rookie. You clearly don't know as much about golf as you think you do if you think its acceptable to call a world class player like Westwood gutless and over the hill. Yes he has not had the best Ryder Cup but words like that aren't usually used in golf. I work in the industry but I bow to your superior knowledge as usual. Is there any subject which you don't know more about everyone else about?

So because you work in the industry that makes you the font of all knowledge and that I should agree with your opinion?

Do you play? You must surely acknowledge that his biggest problem through his career has been his putting?

He and he alone cost us an easy half yesterday, in essence putting us a further point behind.

I like the line up for the singles but the team have a huge problem to overcome now, made much worse by his misses at 17 & 18.

How many titles has he won again this year, I don't think I saw a number? 'Not had the best of Ryder Cups', he has ZERO points, it's not humanly possible for Knox to have achieved less, I've always like Westwood in the Ryder Cup team of recent years but clearly this competition is one too far for him. Let's hope the team as a whole and he in particular can recover today as a performance from him is much needed.

:laugh::laugh::clap:

So because you work in the industry that makes you the font of all knowledge and that I should agree with your opinion?

Do you play? You must surely acknowledge that his biggest problem through his career has been his putting?

He and he alone cost us an easy half yesterday, in essence putting us a further point behind.

I like the line up for the singles but the team have a huge problem to overcome now, made much worse by his misses at 17 & 18.

How many titles has he won again this year, I don't think I saw a number? 'Not had the best of Ryder Cups', he has ZERO points, it's not humanly possible for Knox to have achieved less, I've always like Westwood in the Ryder Cup team of recent years but clearly this competition is one too far for him. Let's hope the team as a whole and he in particular can recover today as a performance from him is much needed.

No but you said my knowledge was the same amount as westwoods points this Ryder cup. Just giving you a reason why that is a wrong assumption. I would hazard a guess ive forgotten more about the game of golf than you will ever know.

Yes I play to a category 1 handicap at a real golf course, over 7000 yards long. I agree Westwood putting has been a major reason for his lack of a major. I'm also aware he has won us more Ryder cup points than anyone else on the team historically. If Knox wanted to play so much he could have played the 2 events before the wildcards were picked or even played some golf in Europe. He didn't, he chased the money and and lost his Ryder cup place because of that. His sense of entitlement did him no favours. It's a team game and Knox hasn't shown himself to be a team player has he.

No but you said my knowledge was the same amount as westwoods points this Ryder cup. Just giving you a reason why that is a wrong assumption. I would hazard a guess ive forgotten more about the game of golf than you will ever know.

Yes I play to a category 1 handicap at a real golf course, over 7000 yards long. I agree Westwood putting has been a major reason for his lack of a major. I'm also aware he has won us more Ryder cup points than anyone else on the team historically. If Knox wanted to play so much he could have played the 2 events before the wildcards were picked or even played some golf in Europe. He didn't, he chased the money and and lost his Ryder cup place because of that. His sense of entitlement did him no favours. It's a team game and Knox hasn't shown himself to be a team player has he.

Some substance in that however there is little or no team tournaments in golf so unless he's given an opportunity like Pieters and Wood we will never know if he is a team player. Clarke suggested he had sleepless nights over leaving Knox out, I bet privately he's been having more and regrets the decision.

Westwood's history in Ryder Cup's is of course impressive but that's what it is and for me it was a mistake, anyone can agree now with hindsight.

One thing is for sure that Westwood v Moore will be a key singles today.

Archived