onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke helping out Chinese Coaches

Hmm, interesting one Mon'Ami, maybe the thin edge of the wedge plan is to eventually widen the CL net into a Global Champions League :smile:

We have already had Australia competing in the Eurovision song contest, it is but a short step for a few extra teams to enter an expanded Champions league.

We also have counties like Israel, and countries bordering China and Iran, and others playing in European competitions.

I'm observing here - no real opinion on whether it is right or wrong, but money will dictate what happens and China has potential to provide huge amounts to western sporting institutions so we can expect more of these arrangements.

Advert

No my point is sport is competitive so why do we help out other countries to get better at it. Your post seems ill thought out to me as you obviously don't get my point. Xenophobic. No it's called sport. It's competitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sport is only as competetive as you want it to be. Many years ago, I did a sport called orienteering, and some cross-country running and can honestly say I never, ever cared whether I beat any other particular competitor.

I liked those sports because all that mattered was bettering my own performance continuosly, and orienteering particularly is geared towards self-measurement and self-improvement.

It isn't a world war, and helping people is great - though in many of these arrangements finance will be the spur.

If what you say is true, then it would apply if Stoke helped out Exeter City or Hartlepool, but I rather doubt you would have opened a thread on it.

At least have the decency to be honest and admit that the 'foreign' element here is what you find a problem.

I gave a small donation to 'Water Aid' recently to help 'foreign' people have drinking water - are you saying that is wrong too, as 'we' are in competition with 'them' ? .

IF they were to do this, what is your view / opinion on it?

i personally dont feel this would be the right thing to do, you do have a good point though aussie rules they could be drawing up plans for this, i do hope not though as it just another money making scheme thing and to me, ruining modern day football.

Whether it happens Mon'Ami it's a brick to Big Ben we wont know much about it until the last moment e.g. the EFL Trophy debacle where, on the one hand the PL will be bathing themselves in an estimated £9b TV windfall yet, on the other hand offer crumbs of £1m to bare our football backsides in the name of improving the English game.

Most of us know the 'Economic Revolution' in the modern game is about 'branding a product' and for making yet more mega-bucks for the shareholders. For example: it is my thinking that paying Pogba such indecent wages for kicking around a football has nothing to do with his football prowess, but more to do with 'branding a product' for 24/7 universal consumption.

Would I like to see the demise of the CL? No I wouldn't, but with so much money being thrown at the top end of the game I fear the dog no longer wags its tail.

We have already had Australia competing in the Eurovision song contest, it is but a short step for a few extra teams to enter an expanded Champions league.

We also have counties like Israel, and countries bordering China and Iran, and others playing in European competitions.

I'm observing here - no real opinion on whether it is right or wrong, but money will dictate what happens and China has potential to provide huge amounts to western sporting institutions so we can expect more of these arrangements.

Especially in Liverpool?

Archived