onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ground Advertising

carpetman123

The staff should clear off for doing a job? I should clear off because I put up sponsorship for the club I travel 5 hours to get to whenever I can? In an ideal world the board would go and take you lot with them so you can all carry on playing your war games.
You may have a pair of Port Vale trainers but you certainly haven't got a sense of humour have you Broadstairs. I was speaking tongue in cheek it isn't the staff's fault that they work for a bunch of cretins but they will 'suffer the sins of their fathers' until they finally get the message.

Advert

Had a call today regarding sponsorship packages.

To be fair they were very polite as I explained why we wouldn't be taking up their offers this year. We would as soon as the three left and they listened to the shareholders.

You could argue they are being more pro-active or they may be struggling for income. For me it's far too little far too late and in the eight or ten years we have been sponsoring we have had not one phone call. We are customers and we see fit with what to do with our finances.

As is your right, totally agree. For me my visits to Vale Park are special and I like to bring along a few mates. As stated previously there have been some right errors in how they have dealt with my packages (you yourself asked me to give you info for your records at Wycombe last season), but now if they have a team capable of doing things properly I am pleased.

You may have a pair of Port Vale trainers but you certainly haven't got a sense of humour have you Broadstairs. I was speaking tongue in cheek it isn't the staff's fault that they work for a bunch of cretins but they will 'suffer the sins of their fathers' until they finally get the message.

I've been following goings on for months OS and I certainly respect your passion and motivation as an individual, just getting a bit ground down by WW1 style trench warfare from both sides. I have a fabulous sense of humor, must have to drive past the hundreds of clubs I could follow to come to Burslem 6-7 times a year and follow the club away as much as I do. Oh and the trainers? Nice present custom made in America from my other half. Could never wear them though, bit like having a pair of kids Spiderman trainers.

I've been following goings on for months OS and I certainly respect your passion and motivation as an individual, just getting a bit ground down by WW1 style trench warfare from both sides. I have a fabulous sense of humor, must have to drive past the hundreds of clubs I could follow to come to Burslem 6-7 times a year and follow the club away as much as I do. Oh and the trainers? Nice present custom made in America from my other half. Could never wear them though, bit like having a pair of kids Spiderman trainers.

Don't you resent giving them (the board) your money to use for the club when they're using their money to buy existing shares rather than invest new money? I think that's shocking.

at heart""

Getting a bit ground down!!!!! how do you think we feel we are supporters who go every week not just 6-7 times we are getting more than ground down as you say with a board that wont do what the shareholders want them to do and move over....the club would be in a much better state it is now it would be like we'd just won promotion!

Cant tell you the joy that would bring....now you tell me that the board "have the best interests of the club at heart" by doing what they are doing???

The club are often attacked for no commercial activity but when they make a proactive effort they are also attacked. Granted feelings are running high but make your minds up. Not saying you have to take them up, if you are signed up to SEO then stick to your principles, but at least the employees are trying to do a job.

If they wanted to be proactive why leave it so late?

Had a call today regarding sponsorship packages.

To be fair they were very polite as I explained why we wouldn't be taking up their offers this year. We would as soon as the three left and they listened to the shareholders.

You could argue they are being more pro-active or they may be struggling for income. For me it's far too little far too late and in the eight or ten years we have been sponsoring we have had not one phone call. We are customers and we see fit with what to do with our finances.

Would be interesting to know if the staff who made the phone call not to just you but to the other previous sponsors pass on such messages as "as soon as the three left etc" to the boardroom scrotes.But even if they did pass on such comment's then i expect that due to the arrogance of them(the board)then they would just ignore it anyway.

better late than never, thats what the bloke was set on to do, to get income for our club, i say our club, seems whatever they do you lot will never give them any credit ,

Get income for the club is a good and valid point that you have made.

So why buy existing shares and not new shares when new shares would have put money directly into the club?

Don't you resent giving them (the board) your money to use for the club when they're using their money to buy existing shares rather than invest new money? I think that's shocking.

You assume they are using their money 7, I think you may not be surprised to learn they possibly aren't!

Perry Dickin and his gang have worked at other high profile sporting establishments and are bringing a proactive approach to the vale, nothing wrong with that, but it is the norm at most clubs not something to be wildly praised!

It is refreshing to see a team contacting people to try and bring in revenue, just a pity the directors have caused so much bad feeling amongst the customer base which makes the job oh so much harder.

just a pity the directors have caused so much bad feeling amongst the customer base which makes the job oh so much harder.

So it was reported that the remaining board members would be trying to rebuild burned bridge's etc.So is there any news on on how this project is going?

I'm assuming that this was not just a pie in the sky comment post EGM in the hope of them regaining a little trust and faith.

Archived