onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Rudge

deantaberner

I know that its too late now,

But I can't believe that we never had a campain going when V2001 took over to bring Rudgie back to the club.

It would surely have worked once Horton left.

I know this thread won't last very long but I had to get it off my chest. Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Dean

No this campaign should have started as soon as he was sacked the flat cap march din't pay enough respects. As good as it was we should have fought harder to get the great man back.

Advert

A few days ago I dreamt that we were playing away at Old Trafford in the FA Cup, losing 1-0 in injury time. Then Martin Foyle pops up and glances in a header to take United back to Vale Park for a replay. Rudgey did a little celebration on the touchline.

When I woke up I lay in bed and felt sad for a few minutes, like you do when you dream of relatives who have passed on.

The Rudge era was a long time ago. It isn't coming back. John is an old man and doesn't need the hassle of football management.

I had a strange dream when Gannon had left that we had rudgy as director of football with abit of hands on and foyle as assitnat. Strange but ya know.

Bell was very envious of the adulation that Rudge recieved but still took the credit for updating the stadium....with the profits from Rudgie's player wheeler dealing! As soon as the club started to decline he took delight in sacking the falt capped one and I think we have been a poorer set up since them - God how we need this integrity now!

This is a chicken and egg situation, Rudge was brilliant but Bell provided the funds and he has done a far better job than Bratt.

Bosman ruined a lot for the Vale,We could do with both of them back now at their prime

After the Sproson statue goes, up how about a statue of the God Man, flat cap and all? Leave him in peace playing golf at Stoke's expense I'd say. His treatment by the Vale (a section of fans included) was shocking towards the end. A bit like Sproson in fact.

This is a chicken and egg situation, Rudge was brilliant but Bell provided the funds and he has done a far better job than Bratt.

Bosman ruined a lot for the Vale,We could do with both of them back now at their prime

Rudge provided the funds, not Bell. I agree Bosman has cacked everything for lower league teams without moneybags owners (which Bell wasn't for sure).

I'll admit to being a huge critic of Bell, but give me the honest crook that was Bell over the humble man of the people that is Pratt....anyday!

I'll admit to being a huge critic of Bell, but give me the honest crook that was Bell over the humble man of the people that is Pratt....anyday!

I've got nothing against Bill Bell, think he was lucky getting Rudge but then did the right thing letting him get on with it. He certainly was not a very wealthy man though. Actually he lived on the same estate in Biddulph as me and Tim. He had the only 4x4 and used to tow everone else up the hill when it snowed. Part of Rudgie's geneous was his transfer dealing, this funded us for years. Bell's problem was he overreached himself developing the ground instead of the team for extra supporters who never came. Happy days though.

I've got nothing against Bill Bell, think he was lucky getting Rudge but then did the right thing letting him get on with it. He certainly was not a very wealthy man though. Actually he lived on the same estate in Biddulph as me and Tim. He had the only 4x4 and used to tow everone else up the hill when it snowed. Part of Rudgie's geneous was his transfer dealing, this funded us for years. Bell's problem was he overreached himself developing the ground instead of the team for extra supporters who never came. Happy days.

I think even with our crowds in them days. We needed a smaller ground around the size of doncaster. We should have took that festival park option and give rudgy players money he would of got us in the top flight.

I think even with our crowds in them days. We needed a smaller ground around the size of doncaster. We should have took that festival park option and give rudgy players money he would of got us in the top flight.

That's right. Crowds were getting down to around the 7, 8 thou mark and that was when we were in the equivalent of the championship and the no 1 team in the city. That was really really disappointing. I think it was then that I realized the Vale would never go anywhere. Which is probably why I get less upset about the current mess than some others do.

That's right. Crowds were getting down to around the 7, 8 thou mark and that was when we were in the equivalent of the championship and the no 1 team in the city. That was really really disappointing. I think it was then that I realized the Vale would never go anywhere. Which is probably why I get less upset about the current mess than some others do.

I think though even in them days vale had alot of relegation battles and they cause lower crowds, there was one season in the 90s vale got crowds of around 10k, the only way vale could have filled vale park was the premiership as alot of bandwagon jumpers would have come along. We needed the new ground smaller back then and rudgy have the cash. Fair enough we woul have rented it but who cares.

I think though even in them days vale had alot of relegation battles and they cause lower crowds, there was one season in the 90s vale got crowds of around 10k, the only way vale could have filled vale park was the premiership as alot of bandwagon jumpers would have come along. We needed the new ground smaller back then and rudgy have the cash. Fair enough we woul have rented it but who cares.

You're right, that is what we should have done. Even 10k when we were just ouside the play offs though was pretty damn poor. It was around the time I left S-o-T for Manchester, so I didn't go for a while. Flogged the car and so when I returned had to get a lift to the ground with some of my mums neighbours. Halfway to VP, I'd had enough of them slagging Rudge/Bell and even Robbie Earle for God sake, off. Demanded to to put out and walked the rest of the way arriving at half time. We beat Chelsea or someone that day. Very disheartening and I've never quite got over it since.

You're right, that is what we should have done. Even 10k when we were just ouside the play offs though was pretty damn poor. It was around the time I left S-o-T for Manchester, so I didn't go for a while. Flogged the car and so when I returned had to get a lift to the ground with some of my mums neighbours. Halfway to VP, I'd had enough of them slagging Rudge/Bell and even Robbie Earle for God sake, off. Demanded to to put out and walked the rest of the way arriving at half time.

Chelsea or someone that day. Very disheartening and I've never quite got over it since.

Was that the start of the very first protest?;)

You're right, that is what we should have done. Even 10k when we were just ouside the play offs though was pretty damn poor. It was around the time I left S-o-T for Manchester, so I didn't go for a while. Flogged the car and so when I returned had to get a lift to the ground with some of my mums neighbours. Halfway to VP, I'd had enough of them slagging Rudge/Bell and even Robbie Earle for God sake, off. Demanded to to put out and walked the rest of the way arriving at half time. We beat Chelsea or someone that day. Very disheartening and I've never quite got over it since.

Were your neighbours called Mr Oliver and Mr Bratt? ===

Archived