onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Lottery Idea for Smurf

carl

I've been thinking if there is a trick that has possibly not been suggested in this forum and elsewhere, and probably not entertained by Smurf. Obviously there is a huge problem at the moment at Vale park in relation to attendances and how the attendances are not putting Vale well and truly in the black. I truly believe that 2015 will see the months in which many Vale fans will display anger at certain players being sold such as Pope. This is the start of a new era as far as I am concerned. We need quality in all areas not just quantity. I firmly believe that we can improve in three or four other areas in depth to what we would do with Popey staying on the wage bill. £300K will pay some bills and buy two or three valuable players. (Maybe Vale can hold out for 500k)

Reducing the wage bill is key, as Smurf has suggested, in reducing the wage bill to a more realistic League One level, in relation to Vale's status as a league one club. It will take another good League Cup or FA Cup run like in 1987-1988 when Rudgie was in charge to change the dynamics of our challenge for the championship and I feel many will agree with this.

With a reduced wage bill, I feel will be ample opportunity to reduce the admission price to a realistic £18per match for Adults. But I also feel, that now there has been three seasons where Vale have charged £22odd quid to get in, then this can now be maintained with the condition of an extra incentive in the shape of a Matchday lottery

This will be based on the home crowd which represent winners based on 10% of the home support. 2,000 home fans means 200 drawn winners 4000 means 400 winners and so on. £4per ticket inclusive of a £22admission fee. in which the winners are the 10% drawn of the actual home support. Season ticket holders would be allocated a draw number ticket at the office on show of their season ticket and likewise for people paying for a ticket on the day at the office or beforehand. Season tickets will increase in price to represent the lottery increase which would be £92 a season based on 23 home games. 4000 home fans means there would be 400 winners. And a total prize fund of £16,000 with the Vale taking 40% commission and in the case of 4000 crowd,Vale would take a £6,400 commission on a 4,000 home gate crowd. Or in the case of a 6,000 home gate crowd Vale would take £9,600 off a £24,000 total prize fund (6000x£4 per person)

In the case of a 6000 home crowd there would be 600 lucky home supporters winning a share of a £14400 prize!! Vale would have an increase in revenue as well as the lottery draw commission and supporters would win £24 each. And the higher the home crowd the higher the prize and so on. The commission that Vale would retain would pay for the administration of the draw such as tickets ect. The draw would be made at half time. Only adult paying supporters would be eligible to participate.

With the right publicity I feel this would take off immensely. Thoughts?

Advert

You say the cost of entry is expensive but you want to charge more?

You want vale to reduce the budget then reduce the cost of entry so the budget decreases further?

You want season ticket holders to queue for a number and you want to charge everyone even though some may not want a ticket?

If your basing it on total entry to games then its compulsory, no option to not have a ticket... personally I dont gamble

In reply to Carl's post I feel there is some good suggestions in it worth exploring

Both our season tickets and match day are down on last year the later by around 18% ex the Wolves game

I will not be looking to keep any player who salary is disproportional to the Club's income and that position will not change irrespective of any initiatives due to risks they do not produce the required income

Our Club will work within its budget

SMURF

Nice idea positive and constructive ideas always good to see however I feel a few areas of consideration have been missed.

Have we EVER had 6k paying adults (kids, concessions, complimentary, away fans etc etc). The prize would never have any positive impact on attendances and cost of administration far out weigh possible gain in commission for pvfc. Also (I don't know) but if home fans tickets are 18 plus a lottery i believe there is a rule away fans can't be charged more so 18 no lottery therefore straight off the bat a few thousand revenue lost.

Personally why not have a fans buy a player fund optional 3 quid on prices that you can opt out at point of sale with regular updates from the club how much gained and spin a big signing like pope etc. By stating without the donations we would not of been able to complete this deal?? I would not mind having one less pint and digging into my pocket (not necessarily every week but as and when i could) Vale get all money with zero cost of administration and don't loose revenue via reduced ticket prices collection boxes could be left around ground/shop/ticket office for ST holders with a few quid spare change....

Nice idea positive and constructive ideas always good to see however I feel a few areas of consideration have been missed.

Have we EVER had 6k paying adults (kids, concessions, complimentary, away fans etc etc). The prize would never have any positive impact on attendances and cost of administration far out weigh possible gain in commission for pvfc. Also (I don't know) but if home fans tickets are 18 plus a lottery i believe there is a rule away fans can't be charged more so 18 no lottery therefore straight off the bat a few thousand revenue lost.

Personally why not have a fans buy a player fund optional 3 quid on prices that you can opt out at point of sale with regular updates from the club how much gained and spin a big signing like pope etc. By stating without the donations we would not of been able to complete this deal?? I would not mind having one less pint and digging into my pocket (not necessarily every week but as and when i could) Vale get all money with zero cost of administration and don't loose revenue via reduced ticket prices collection boxes could be left around ground/shop/ticket office for ST holders with a few quid spare change....

It worked when we bought Darren Beckford with fans odd change collections.

You say the cost of entry is expensive but you want to charge more?

You want vale to reduce the budget then reduce the cost of entry so the budget decreases further?

You want season ticket holders to queue for a number and you want to charge everyone even though some may not want a ticket?

If your basing it on total entry to games then its compulsory, no option to not have a ticket... personally I dont gamble

The wage bill is going to decrease, as it will have to work within budget. I think the main catalyst Geo for such a scheme would be to reach out to the local areas and give such a scheme massive publicity. The community promotions are something which the club has to explore possibly through sports clubs and local companies to name a few.I know it has been noted the club also needs to step up its relationships with local business big and small as has been noted with the lack of advertising hoardings ect

This void is not something Smurf could fill in the shorttime he has been at the helm- it will i'm sure take time. The example i based my figures on is just an example, but i am sure such a scheme would give people a 'value for money' factor that many Vale fans have commented as absent. It will also provide the Vale with extra revenue.

If the team are playing well then 4,000 home fans is preety much the norm. Generating another 2,000 is not something out of reach when you consider people would receive a decent chance of recouping their admission fees, through such a scheme. There are a few fans out there who would I expect warm to such a scheme, because the club would then be giving something back.

A buy a player fund was mooted when adams joined and bratt was in charge but adams didnt want it so it was dropped.

I dont mind people gambling but I wont by choice or compulsion.

There does have to be more and better links with the community but thats a long term project but could gain some short term ground with new/fresh ideas and pushing some of the old ones.

Archived