onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Random memories - just for fun

Va-LEE-ant

For some reason, some random memories about people in the crowd and various situations surrounding matches have started pop in my head. Please post yours on this thread and if anybody recognises them please reply;

1. Lorne Street 20 years plus ago - fat cockney woman with stubble shouting the same thing every match "cam on referee, make the right decision"

2. Walking down hail road after playing West Brom and receiving a clout around the back of the head cos my mate had just been gobbling off.

3. Waiting outside the ticket office on Lorne street playing football with my mates whilst queuing for Autoglass tickets (same for play offs and Stoke matches).

4. Stoke v Vale on the playground with my mates with a taped up airflo.

5. Listening to the vale v spurs match on the radio at my granddads house in Burslem.

6. Going mental in the Bycars when the ball stuck in the mud and then vale going on to beat Stoke.

These are just some of memories. This is why I will always be Vale. Please add yours.

Advert

Seeing a grown man next to me crying when mussy flapped at goodison in the 89th minute.

Seeing a grown man next to me crying when Bogie looped one over big nev in the 90th minute.

Looking at Mellor in utter disbelief after Ricos winning free kick against Hudds in the cup.

I remember on the way to Bristol Rovers for the Play-off Final 1st leg, we were on the M5 where there were some roadworks.

It was probably mid-way through the journey and the coach had quietened down, early talk, both optimistic and pessimistic had waned and the fans were now in pensive mood, contemplating what glories or heartaches lay ahead.

The coach went under a bridge and as we emerged some 'Navvie' had erected a small painted sign (made from the wood you often see on roadworks showing where thigs will be positioned). The sign simply read 'Come on Vale You Can Do It'.

I don't know why but from that moment my heart lifted and I knew we were going to win through abnd gain promotion over the two legs!

Coming back on the coach we all agreed that if that was the best Bristol could offer, then promotion was ours to throw away.

Seeing an elderly couple in tears on the Vale car park on June 1st,2011,when they heard that three of the board had survived a vote of NO confidence from the shareholders.:(

Sorry,couldn't resist that but it puts football into perspective.:yes:

My moments were the two equalisers from Ian Bogie and Martin Foyle in the 2-2 draws at Goodison Park and Anfield.:yes:

We used to stand on the bycars and were playing Walsall of all teams once when they were attacking and a Vale defender handled the ball, Lord knows why but I shouted Penalty, I couldn't believe the linesman (yes they were once called that) didn't give it as it were as clear as day.

Just caught up in the moment I suppose.

Archived