onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pathetic Platform from the board

deak

The board have been given an opportunity in the sentinel to explain why the status quo should remain. All they have done is talk boll*** , try to rubbish Mo and promote Micky Adams.

They cant promote themselves or any future plans becaues there aint any. Mike Lloyd was asked on Saturday to do the same and again there was no answer.

You fail to plan, you plan to fail could not be more apt!

Advert

This morning's RS didn't help - trying to suggest that Micky might walk if the board are voted out.

I would imagine that talking to Micky would have been at the top of Mo's to do list as soon as Micky was appointed - and I wouldn't mind betting that it's happened already. Neither Mo nor Micky could say so, though, as it would prejudice Micky's relationship with Bratt.

This morning's RS didn't help - trying to suggest that Micky might walk if the board are voted out.

Yes Micky is bound to walk away from a three year contract at a significant hike in salary. Perhaps Perry Deakin will walk aswell!

I would imagine that talking to Micky would have been at the top of Mo's to do list as soon as Micky was appointed - and I wouldn't mind betting that it's happened already. Neither Mo nor Micky could say so, though, as it would prejudice Micky's relationship with Bratt.

At the Baddeley Green Meeting on Friday, Ray Williams clearly stated that Mickey is a man of honor to the people he works for. At this present moment in time, that is the Jackson 5, and so as such he will not get involved in talks with other parties. However, what this also means is that if the Jackson 5 are removed and another party or parties are installed, they become his paymasters and that is where his allegiance would lie.

Mickey's allegiance is to Port Vale Football Club, not the Jackson 5!!!!

LB confirmed that they had spoken already only hours after he had signed his contract. Why would Mickey Adams walk out on a £125k a year contract when he will need to be paid up if he stays and is sacked (not saying that this will happen either)? Also why would he want to walk if he was about to work under a board that would actually support him financially?

Both the Sentinel and RS seem to be scraping the barrell with their pro boards stances.

LB confirmed that they had spoken already only hours after he had signed his contract. Why would Mickey Adams walk out on a £125k a year contract when he will need to be paid up if he stays and is sacked (not saying that this will happen either)? Also why would he want to walk if he was about to work under a board that would actually support him financially?

Both the Sentinel and RS seem to be scraping the barrell with their pro boards stances.

I'm going to do something strange here and slightly defend RS and the Sentinal. I believe in this scenario, they are merely reporting on what has been provided to them by the board.

If the board and their representative like Mr Bennett make statements like this in the public domain with the intention that they are published, providing the quotes are attributed correctly to such parties, they have a duty to report such.

More at question is the actual source of this information - the Board!

It has become quite apparent that knowing they can know longer provide a valid, strong argument of how they can provide a better future proposal for the Vale, that they cannot pursuade based on past loyalties, that they care discredited in their attempts to connect Mo to the EGM, they must now resort to terrorist tactics preying on the fears of shareholders in order to stay in power.

They have NO morals!

I'm going to do something strange here and slightly defend RS and the Sentinal. I believe in this scenario, they are merely reporting on what has been provided to them by the board.

If the board and their representative like Mr Bennett make statements like this in the public domain with the intention that they are published, providing the quotes are attributed correctly to such parties, they have a duty to report such.

It has become quite apparent that knowing they can know longer provide a valid, strong argument of how they can provide a better future proposal for the Vale, that they cannot pursuade based on past loyalties, that they care discredited in their attempts to connect Mo to the EGM, they must now resort to terrorist tactics preying on the fears of shareholders in order to stay in power.

They have NO morals!

I suppose we're arguing from a particular point of view; the board are arguing from their platform - however pathetic. Both RS and the Sentinel are in the business of reporting the news, so when something like the above comes from the board they report it.

The difference was that RS appeared to be reporting it uncritically. What I would have done was to put the board and other viewpoints side by side and let the listener decide who he wants to believe.

I suppose we're arguing from a particular point of view; the board are arguing from their platform - however pathetic. Both RS and the Sentinel are in the business of reporting the news, so when something like the above comes from the board they report it.

The difference was that RS appeared to be reporting it uncritically. What I would have done was to put the board and other viewpoints side by side and let the listener decide who he wants to believe.

:yes:

They have NO morals!

I disagree, the Sentinel reports should be accurate at least. For example todays headline about the Council calling in a £2.5 million loan, the loan was never £2.5 million to start with! It was £2.2 million and now stands at £1.9 million which the article goes onto mention. So why, other than putting a pro board stance on this, would the Sentinel use such an emotive headline?

If I was a reporter and the Vale came to me and said "print this" I would at least check the facts in it first not just blindly print it. Mr Wales Twitter comments show where the Sentinels (via his control) suppport lies. RS have been a bit better but then still allow some stupid comments to be heard or make unfounded comments of their own, depending on who the reporter is.

Chaudry did speak to Adams the night before he was officially announced I think. It was on his twitter or something. He was excited at the prospect of working together, from memory. How long this will last would depend on the first few results of the season I'd guess. Doubt Adams would walk. Walk where to?

Archived