onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pathetic Platform from the board

deak

I disagree, the Sentinel reports should be accurate at least. For example todays headline about the Council calling in a £2.5 million loan, the loan was never £2.5 million to start with! It was £2.2 million and now stands at £1.9 million which the article goes onto mention. So why, other than putting a pro board stance on this, would the Sentinel use such an emotive headline?

If I was a reporter and the Vale came to me and said "print this" I would at least check the facts in it first not just blindly print it. Mr Wales Twitter comments show where the Sentinels (via his control) suppport lies. RS have been a bit better but then still allow some stupid comments to be heard or make unfounded comments of their own, depending on who the reporter is.

I agree that the reporting is sub-standard, I'm just saying, don't forget where the source for this is and the motivations behind it!

Advert

I agree that the reporting is sub-standard, I'm just saying, don't forget where the source for this is and the motivations behind it!

I understand that, but isn't a news reporting publication supposed to report things accurately based on facts, not what they are told? In my dealings with Steve Shaw he has always been precious over certain points re the Supporters Club because Bratt had fed his head full of BS. Despite me being able to, and offering him, proof of what I was saying he still stepped back from it as he either didn't want to upset Bratt or believed what he had been fed.

So I can't get printed what is provable fact but Bratt can just feed misinformation and Shaw and his seniors print it?

I understand that, but isn't a news reporting publication supposed to report things accurately based on facts, not what they are told? In my dealings with Steve Shaw he has always been precious over certain points re the Supporters Club because Bratt had fed his head full of BS. Despite me being able to, and offering him, proof of what I was saying he still stepped back from it as he either didn't want to upset Bratt or believed what he had been fed.

So I can't get printed what is provable fact but Bratt can just feed misinformation and Shaw and his seniors print it?

Unfortunately I know from public experience that this is often the case. The gossip mongerers must get their kicks, even if it is nothing more than slander.

Why let something as trivial as the truth get in the way of a good story? Sad, but that is the state of British culture these days

I'm sure that Micky gave RS a roasting the last time he was manager after putting words in his mouth suggesting that he would leave if Newton took over Chairmanship of the board. Pretty sure that they quoted him out of context.

The board have used Micky in a pathetic desperate way in their piece. They've stated that Mo wants to appoint a director of football and Micky wont put up with that. They state that Micky's position is most important in all of this and should not be compromised.

Its a clear attempt to put off shareholders who are too fickle and prone to having the wool pulled over their eyes. They also comment on Mo taking the club into massive debt, and the best bit, they actually state that the club is currently 100% in the ownership of the fans, and plead with fans to retain that status.

Sorry, but its complete and utter fiction. Never mind the fact that the current "fans" who run the club have manipulated the constitution in an attempt to protect their positions, they're forgetting that they're attempting to further cement their positions by taking their collected shares over 50% with the yanks on board.

The complete rubbish they come out with is just laughable. Their childish, pathetic attempts to remain in power are so clear for all to see. I cringe for them, but then the realisation that they actually run our club hits home, and I'm filled with anger. They seriously must think we're all thick, or just hope that enough are so gullible that they'll be able to prolong their stewardship longer. Their positions are untenable, that much is clear. The majority want them out, that much is also clear.

I've also just read Tideswell's article in personally speaking, and must say its one of his better pieces, he commends Dave for his hard work and wants the supporters club to use RW's proxy rather than divvy the votes out. If I'm totally honest, after reading today's sentinel in full, on the whole I'm happy with it. Other than the board's lies and propoganda, the argument for pro change comes over in a much much better light than pro board. For that, I'm glad the board have been given the chance to spout such rubbish, as it certainly doesn't do their case much good. The desperation just makes them laughable.

The board have used Micky in a pathetic desperate way in their piece. They've stated that Mo wants to appoint a director of football and Micky wont put up with that. They state that Micky's position is most important in all of this and should not be compromised.

Its a clear attempt to put off shareholders who are too fickle and prone to having the wool pulled over their eyes. They also comment on Mo taking the club into massive debt, and the best bit, they actually state that the club is currently 100% in the ownership of the fans, and plead with fans to retain that status.

Sorry, but its complete and utter fiction. Never mind the fact that the current "fans" who run the club have manipulated the constitution in an attempt to protect their positions, they're forgetting that they're attempting to further cement their positions by taking their collected shares over 50% with the yanks on board.

The complete rubbish they come out with is just laughable. Their childish, pathetic attempts to remain in power are so clear for all to see. I cringe for them, but then the realisation that they actually run our club hits home, and I'm filled with anger. They seriously must think we're all thick, or just hope that enough are so gullible that they'll be able to prolong their stewardship longer. Their positions are untenable, that much is clear. The majority want them out, that much is also clear.

I've also just read Tideswell's article in personally speaking, and must say its one of his better pieces, he commends Dave for his hard work and wants the supporters club to use RW's proxy rather than divvy the votes out. If I'm totally honest, after reading today's sentinel in full, on the whole I'm happy with it. Other than the board's lies and propoganda, the argument for pro change comes over in a much much better light than pro board. For that, I'm glad the board have been given the chance to spout such rubbish, as it certainly doesn't do their case much good. The desperation just makes them laughable.

Thats a great post. Exactly what im thinking but you put it in words better than what i could of done :D

Archived