onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Inspired!

ValeForever.

Hull, Blackpool and now Swansea. All have seen darker days than us in the last 10 years. Proof if ever needed that if you can get your house in order and stick to a long term goal anything is achievable!

Come on Vale, look what can be achieved. There's players out on the Wembley pitch today that played in the side that kept Swansea in the football league. It CAN be done.

HOPE

Advert

Hull, Blackpool and now Swansea. All have seen darker days than us in the last 10 years. Proof if ever needed that if you can get your house in order and stick to a long term goal anything is achievable!

Come on Vale, look what can be achieved. There's players out on the Wembley pitch today that played in the side that kept Swansea in the football league. It CAN be done.

HOPE

To think also that we lost to WBA after getting 89 points and Swanny sent off in the 1993 play off final.We need to put everything behind us next season and have a common goal-promotion.The foundations are almost laid so let's get behind the team 100% and hope the players have the guts this time to repay our loyalty

For me its all about getting to the championship, once you reach there you gain a very real chance of something miraculous happening! Last few years has proved it can be done by some of the so called lesser or unfashionable clubs.

Its about little steps of progression with a long term goal in mind. Hopefully a new board and a new more stable and successful era beckons for my beloved club. Days like today fill me with hope.

Said to my old man 'I remember playing Swansea' I've only been going Vale for the last few years!! Also remember when my mates were going Blackpool for away games (before I started going I think). Proof if it were ever needed that the football league can be climbed at a steady pace and that the Prem isn't out of any clubs reach if they have good foundations. I mean, if Stoke can get in the Prem :razz:

I remember being at uni and working part-time with a Blackpool fan, also at my uni. We used to go for our tea break on a saturday at 4.30 to watch the results come in. It was the season we were both in league one and Blackpool went up. I couldn't believe it when they won promotion... some banter got thrown around that season!!!!

Vale would often throw leads away, or get back on terms then concede in injury time. Got plenty of stick!!! :(

It can be achieved. But one thing that links all 3 clubs, is that they're "one club towns/cities" - We have Stoke down the road, already there. It's a hard task, but why not?

The one club city thing is a valid point but I would say all 3 have 'bigger' neighbours,Hull with boro Sunderland and Castle, Blackpool with Blackburn,Liverpool and united just down the road and Swansea with Cardiff just down the coast.

I honestly believe it just takes a bit of stability,a bit of money and a shed load of ambition.

The one club city thing is a valid point but I would say all 3 have 'bigger' neighbours,Hull with boro Sunderland and Castle, Blackpool with Blackburn,Liverpool and united just down the road and Swansea with Cardiff just down the coast.

I honestly believe it just takes a bit of stability,a bit of money and a shed load of ambition.

It's also worth remembering that two out of the three clubs have also moved into new grounds recently which has given them bigger crowds and revenue.:yes:

Archived