onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Roll on w/c 9th June

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-follow-Carl-Dickinson-sign/story-21166746-detail/story.html

The wait goes on for nine out-of-contract players who have been offered deals, but Smurthwaite is confident he will have good news to report soon.

He said: "I'm delighted to sign up Carl, who is a keystone player for us – and I'm pleased it is him who is the first player to actually sign under my tenure.

"He's a great, solid performer who causes no trouble whatsoever. He's a true professional and I'm glad he's staying at the club. In fact it was Carl who came to us and asked to get it all sorted.

So Mr Perfect (aka sly dig) says it was the pudding's from the Sentinel.

R E P if you are going to correct someone it's a good idea to make sure that you are correct yourself ;)

Advert

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-follow-Carl-Dickinson-sign/story-21166746-detail/story.html

The wait goes on for nine out-of-contract players who have been offered deals, but Smurthwaite is confident he will have good news to report soon.

He said: "I'm delighted to sign up Carl, who is a keystone player for us – and I'm pleased it is him who is the first player to actually sign under my tenure.

"He's a great, solid performer who causes no trouble whatsoever. He's a true professional and I'm glad he's staying at the club. In fact it was Carl who came to us and asked to get it all sorted.

So why would Adams have to persuade Dickinson to sign if it was him who came to us to sort it out, he wouldn't have to would he? It was the reporter who said it, not Adams. It's not that difficult to understand is it? :blink:

Show me a quote where Adams has said he had to persuade Dickinson to sign & i'll understand where you're coming from, but it wasn't, it was just how the journo reported the Dickinson signing in his article.

So why would Adams have to persuade Dickinson to sign if it was him who came to us to sort it out, he wouldn't have to would he? It was the reporter who said it, not Adams. It's not that difficult to understand is it? :blink:

Show me a quote where Adams has said he had to persuade Dickinson to sign & i'll understand where you're coming from, but it wasn't, it was just how the journo reported the Dickinson signing in his article.

He hasn't, ignore him he doesn't know what quotes are, proved that last week when he put quotes round a comment that was something like what someone had said :blink:

The only quotes on that specific are from Smurthwaite, didn't Micky just suggest he liked being here and the fans liked him.

Ultimately as EH says it's a win, win for everyone concerned aside from throes who can't understand quotes ;)

Where did he say that Adams had persuaded him?

The deadline' date=' Micky said he wanted responses by yesterday, I'm sure he's had updates.[/quote']

I dont give a rats ass when the deadline is or isnt but if your going to include it in a press release/interview at least look professional about it.

I dont care who signs, goes, stays, comes, leaves... I will still be there [when possible] supporting them or sitting in anticipation waiting... its not my job to worry about it I just wish it could be done with a little efficiency.

He hasn't, ignore him he doesn't know what quotes are, proved that last week when he put quotes round a comment that was something like what someone had said :blink:

The only quotes on that specific are from Smurthwaite, didn't Micky just suggest he liked being here and the fans liked him.

Ultimately as EH says it's a win, win for everyone concerned aside from throes who can't understand quotes ;)

???

I dont give a rats ass when the deadline is or isnt but if your going to include it in a press release/interview at least look professional about it.

I dont care who signs, goes, stays, comes, leaves... I will still be there [when possible] supporting them or sitting in anticipation waiting... its not my job to worry about it I just wish it could be done with a little efficiency.

The deadline is for the club, surely you wouldn't have expected a press release at 5.01pm, a minute after the close of the deadline the club asked for replies by?

Especially seeing as the Chairman and Manager are away on pre-scheduled commitments, I know communication is improving but there may need to be negotiation for some etc.

The deadline is for the club, surely you wouldn't have expected a press release at 5.01pm, a minute after the close of the deadline the club asked for replies by?

Especially seeing as the Chairman and Manager are away on pre-scheduled commitments, I know communication is improving but there may need to be negotiation for some etc.

I dont expect a press release at all.

Then I don't understand your initial post as I thought you were criticising the club for not releasing details of decisions?

I just wish it had a flow to it, a bit of consistency instead of appearing haphazard and a little shoddy... it tarnishes the image a little

Archived