onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 -- Rochdale 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Since when has Shuker been given a chance?

Pope and Hughes will score given the service. Williamson couldnt hit a barn door. The only decent sevice comes from Lines and Jones. JMW is a nightmare , whichever wing he's on, Birchall is too slow to beat his man as is Dodds, Mohammed isnt a league 1 player, Griff can only go backwards. I just hope Loft isnt having his usual early season flash in the pan , because he has to be one of the wide players. Wide in the loosest sense.

Shuker was given his chance at the start of last season. Y'know, the time we played the best football seen at Vale in years?

Arguably the best game of last year, 6-2 Rotherham, Shuker got 3 assists.

I can't remember any other Vale players getting 3 assists in 1 game in a long time.

He then got dropped and was restricted to sub appearances, still managing to get assists at Chesterfield away, Rochdale away and Burton at home.

Shuker's never had a proper chance. He's just not 'hard' enough.

*Edit - I'll never forget the fact that Shuker PLAYED FOR US FOR FREE when we went into admin. While Griff, Richards and Rigg all ****** off for a higher wage packet Shuker was loyal and played for us when we were in desperate need of players.

Shuker was given his chance at the start of last season. Y'know, the time we played the best football seen at Vale in years?

I can't remember any other Vale players getting 3 assists in 1 game in a long time.

He then got dropped and was restricted to sub appearances, still managing to get assists at Chesterfield away, Rochdale away and Burton at home.

*Edit - I'll never forget the fact that Shuker PLAYED FOR US FOR FREE when we went into admin. While Griff, Richards and Rigg all ****** off for a higher wage packet Shuker was loyal and played for us when we were in desperate need of players.

Whilst I applaud Shuker for playing for free, and also think is a very underrated player, do you really think that of he were offered a higher wage (or any comparable wage for the matter) for another club during that period he'd have still stayed and played for free?

Whilst I applaud Shuker for playing for free, and also think is a very underrated player, do you really think that of he were offered a higher wage (or any comparable wage for the matter) for another club during that period he'd have still stayed and played for free?

Probably not, and he would have probably accepted a higher contract if he had been offered one. I suppose my criticism of Richards, Griff and Rigg was harsh, but I just respect the fact that Shuker stayed with us throughout the Ryder summer (as all of our players did, bar Artell).

Yes he had good games and played well at the start of the season. However, I am going to say this. Morsy was superb in that run at the beginning of the season and made a lot of room for Shuker to have some space. Our 2 wingers also occupied many opposition players allowing him freedom. Right now, he wouldn't have freedom in the side and as (I think) you said previously, he gets overrun. That is NOT a quality I look for in a player, that we need to come into a struggling midfield and do a job. We need someone that will go hell for leather and have no problem in getting stuck in. I don't think he has those capabilities.

And yes, he was very good at the beginning of the season. But did you go to games like Burton away? He was absolutely abysmal and got dominated. His passing was awful! And to say he set a goal up at home to Burton, where we were flying at that point and their heads were gone... well done on that! Do you think he will have that space on Saturday, against the likes of McCann? No.

And sentimentality is really ****ing me off at the moment. It's the same with Tom Pope. Well done to the bloke for staying and fighting the cause. I salute that, but we are now in a much healthier position and need to be looking at better than Chris Shuker!!! Like it or not, he hasn't got the qualities that will drag us out of this mess. Nowhere near!

It's a sorry time where all are hailing the mighty Shuker to pop up and save us from our current slump in form.

Hurry back Micky Adams.

Where are you going to play him? He might struggle in midfield on those crutches!! Seriously, it ain't him out on the park--on Tuesday the majority of the side looked like a useless bunch of t**sers! It doesn't matter who's in the dugout, we need more pride, commitment and effort from the players!

I never have been his biggest fan but his awesome efforts last season means he deserves at least half a season to improve.

He doesn't however seem to look as slender or focused as last season though.

I also think he looks as if he's put a few lbs on and not as fit as last season.

Yes he had good games and played well at the start of the season. However, I am going to say this. Morsy was superb in that run at the beginning of the season and made a lot of room for Shuker to have some space. Our 2 wingers also occupied many opposition players allowing him freedom. Right now, he wouldn't have freedom in the side and as (I think) you said previously, he gets overrun. That is NOT a quality I look for in a player, that we need to come into a struggling midfield and do a job. We need someone that will go hell for leather and have no problem in getting stuck in. I don't think he has those capabilities.

And yes, he was very good at the beginning of the season. But did you go to games like Burton away? He was absolutely abysmal and got dominated. His passing was awful! And to say he set a goal up at home to Burton, where we were flying at that point and their heads were gone... well done on that! Do you think he will have that space on Saturday, against the likes of McCann? No.

And sentimentality is really ****ing me off at the moment. It's the same with Tom Pope. Well done to the bloke for staying and fighting the cause. I salute that, but we are now in a much healthier position and need to be looking at better than Chris Shuker!!! Like it or not, he hasn't got the qualities that will drag us out of this mess. Nowhere near!

It's a sorry time where all are hailing the mighty Shuker to pop up and save us from our current slump in form.

We don't need a player who goes hell for leather. That's what Griff and Dicko do. Dicko's been crap all season, Griff's had one good game and a decent 15 mins at the end of Coventry.

I just think he should be given a chance. The favourites get 90 minutes regardless (Pope, Loft, Dicko) even if they play crap.

Shuker deserves a chance. If he isn't good enough, don't play him again.

Archived