Social media say that Port Vale are interested in released 22 year-old Salford City striker Devante Rodney.
DISCUSS PORT VALE RUMOURS HERE ON THE FORUM
What are the rumours?
Twitter account Football League Zone say Vale are interested in the player:
Any more details on the player?
The 22 year-old netted seven goals in twelve games for AFC Halifax Town in 2018-19 but made just three appearances last season for Salford. He was released at the end of the season with a career record of sixteen goals from 87 appearances. However, at just 22 years of age he has time to improve. Powerful with plenty of pace, he began his career at the Man City academy.
Any legs in the rumours?
Hmmm, well the Valiants are definitely looking to add two more forwards and Rodney would fit the bill as a fourth striker – a rough diamond who could develop into a player. However, there are so many Twitter rumours that prove to be rubbish it really is difficult to say. However, there’s already been these rumours which are all doubtful:
- Port Vale transfer rumour: Twitter account links Vale with League One midfielder
- Port Vale transfer rumours: Valiants linked with defender and goalkeeper
- Port Vale transfer rumours: Valiants linked with midfielder and forward
- Port Vale transfer rumour: Valiants linked with non-league pair (this one has been denied by John Askey)
These transfer links are unlikely to be the last over the summer but only time will tell if the rumours have any legs in them. However, the Vale are likely to wait and see which players who have been offered contracts accept them them before they make any moves in the transfer market.DISCUSS PORT VALE RUMOURS HERE ON THE FORUM
Who's going where...
A thorough update of Port Vale signings and contract updates over the summer of 2020.
Port Vale Signings
- July 6th 2020: John Askey says club are set to sign a new striker
- July 7th 2020: Port Vale sign Devante Rodney on a three year contract
- July 16th 2020: Port Vale sign Zak Mills on a one year deal