onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Bristol Rovers 12.03.13: your team selection; other pre game stuff

fuzzyvalefan

Advert

4-4-2 ?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. We changed it and it looked better today.

.................Neal..................

Duffy...McCombe..Chilvers..Jones (if fit)

........Birchall..Griff..Morsy.........

..................Dodds....................

...........Pope.......Hughes.............

Shame for Rob Taylor but defensively I'm not sure he's good enough still. Also I'm not Hughes biggest fan alongside Pope but they looked a lot more dangerous when we went slightly more direct second half.

--------------------Neal------------------

Yates----Duffy--------Mccombe--Jones

Birchall----Burge-------Morsy----Taylor

--------------Pope-----Williamson-----

That gives us much more balance I think

And of loft was fit I'd put him in for Taylor

I am absolutely convinced if we played that team we'd be putting in much better performances

Shame for Rob Taylor but defensively I'm not sure he's good enough still. Also I'm not Hughes biggest fan alongside Pope but they looked a lot more dangerous when we went slightly more direct second half.

That's a very good side, the big question is will Jones be fit. My only other change might be that Birchall could be a little lightweight in a physical away game, bring him on 2nd half by all means, but if Burge is fit and available then I'd start him alongside Griff and Morsy. Luck is against us losing Loft, Jones and Burge at this crucial stage. I'd also make sure Williamson is ready to come on as sub with the above team.

I like that side but if you are going to play such a narrow midfield you need the extra pace of Yates instead of Duffy at right back.

Judging by all of your posts you want to lose midfield by playing morsy. Wake up please - he's no where near good enough today proved it.

What? Morsy is the only player in the team who moves the ball quickly he goes towards the ball to get it and distributes it into the right areas and he's decent in the challenge

For what reason do you not think he's good enough?

What? Morsy is the only player in the team who moves the ball quickly he goes towards the ball to get it and distributes it into the right areas and he's decent in the challenge

For what reason do you not think he's good enough?

Not 100% on that comment as for me Morsy slows down the play too much. He holds onto the ball a bit too long on too many occasions. Not saying he's a bad player and I think he did ok today, but he needs to move it quicker for me at times.

Not 100% on that comment as for me Morsy slows down the play too much. He holds onto the ball a bit too long on too many occasions. Not saying he's a bad player and I think he did ok today, but he needs to move it quicker for me at times.

To be honest I think the reason for that is poor movement when there is a pass on he will make it quickly

I'm not saying he's perfect but I'd have him in the team at the moment

Morsy lacks creativity anybody can pass a ball to a open man. He's average at best. I keep saying it but no one seems to see it on here.

Who controller the midfield today - Southend, Birchall put a great shift in but he can't do it all himself.

Archived