onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vouchergate

Va-LEE-ant

Been up there today to get a baby fleece & ended up buying a baby kit as well. I must say I thought it would be horrible & scratchy for her but its actually really nice.

Can't understand why you would buy something that you "thought would be horrible and scratchy" for a baby.

Advert

Can't understand why you would buy something that you "thought would be horrible and scratchy" for a baby.

I wouldn't have done.

I went with the pre conceived idea it would be vile. It wasn't so I brought her one.

Report me to the NSPCC if you like

I think the shop has way too much in it, most which no one would buy.

Its ok some wanting some sports superstore, however how many would shop there when they can go and buy it for much less at Sports Direct? Thats the problem with wanting vale to have some major sports store.

I think less range, but better quality and personalised to vale has to be the way forward. Give the fans something that they want to wear on a match day or when out and about. Something branded with the vale logo / colours and not available else where.

If the kit suppliers have fallen out with the club, then that isnt a good start and can only lead to more issues down the line.

I'm sure our new owners will get round to this as soon as they can. They've missed out on a big Christmas opportunity but I don't think we can really put the blame on them. For a long time the shop hasn't really had much worth buying. Some of the clothes look like they've been worn a few times, dirty even. I don't suppose they have but that's just how they look, probably due to most of the 'stock' being older than adam!

I reckon this will be sorted but it's a pity they didn't have time to do it before Christmas.

So we don't have an online club shop (and even worse, online ticket office) because the stuff is crap? So, it's okay to sell crap to punters who visit the shop at VP, but us exiles are not allowed to buy the said crap online - because it's crap. Weird logic. First set up the club shop/ticket office online (two days work for someone who knows what they are doing). Then let people make up their own minds whether they want to buy it of not. Then improve the stock, so they are more likely to buy. Otherwise you are just putting the cart before the horse.

Bit OTT comments in my opinion.

I have grandchildren and have no problem finding stuff that pleases them and personally I like the framed pictures by the same artist who does the programme covers - not seen anything like that elsewhere.

Regarding shirt quality, well that's something that the new owners have to sort but it will probably be next season before anything can be achieved as contracts and manufacture take time. Sometimes fans assume that everything is green on the other side of the fence when there's probably a huge percentage of fans moaning about poor quality shirts - I know some Stokies who moan about theirs

The 'concept shirts' that the new owners discussed at their public meeting where colour and style will have a 'local history' is a brilliant idea that no other club has ever thought of as far as I know.

There's certainly more variety in the shop now than during Admin and the calendar someone on here bemoans is actually the top seller in the Pots Shopping Centre Calendar stall - ahead of all those pop stars and the 'darker side' of the city.

Any online website which takes just two days to design and get live isn't worth the hard drive its coded on and would without a doubt be ****.

Not true, someone who knew what they were doing could get a decent basic site up and running in one day test it the next then set it live. Then you develop it from there. Besides, it's a month we are talking about.

Not true, someone who knew what they were doing could get a decent basic site up and running in one day test it the next then set it live. Then you develop it from there. Besides, it's a month we are talking about.

Not a decent one no. It would be one that fell apart within seconds or would be one that missed basic features, such as the ability to pay online. A decent database itself that was fully normalised would take a good few week if you were doing it properly. You've got other factors to consider, such as how you deal with stock control and existing till systems so you don't have people buying something online that has been sold out as someone sold the last one in store.

No web developer worth their salt would say they could do a fully functioning e-commerce site in a day. It's fantasy.

Absolutely no chance.

Yes chance. Decent looking site offering replica shirts to start with, pay though paypal option, and a note to say "more on the way"; then develop it from there. I could do that easy in two days and I'm not a professional. RobF what do you think?

Yes chance. Decent looking site offering replica shirts to start with, pay though paypal option, and a note to say "more on the way"; then develop it from there. I could do that easy in two days and I'm not a professional. RobF what do you think?

Off you go then. Instead of preaching put your idea into practise.

Then see how many people moan that they can do this or that because it doesn't work

I think what you meant to say was "I could do it in two days BECAUSE I am not a professional". I can tell you now, a full ecommerce system with the ability to add / remove products, track orders, take payments, provide reporting, register customers etc would take you a lot longer than two days. What you are proposing is the reason why so many businesses have crap websites because they go with the cheapest option available to them.

Like Lauren said, lets see what you can knock up in two days that would instil confidence in people to use to buy things...

Shudder.

Archived