onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Xmas song for Tom Pope.

Spunk Trumpet

I said they aren't meant to be serious and the majority are just for banter but there's always somebody willing to overstep the line. I agree that any chants to do with those situations are sick.

I agree, what if they were singing about your Dad or Brother who went to a match and died?,also on songs bordering on truth,what about the song ..Port Vale we are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen :)

Advert

A lot of football songs aren't particularly tasteful or wouldn't be acceptable if said in any other walk of life. However I tend to agree with the poster on page 1(biddleingy). Sorry to say it but tough ****! It's part and parcel of the atmosphere at a football match, if you don't like it 1) don't join in or 2) don't go.

Personnally I don't condone every chant Vale fans sing but I'm generally not easily offended. I remember my Dad being a bit worried about the language when he was first going to take me to Vale(early 90s) but when all was said and done he wanted me to support the club. I remember asking a few awkward questions after one of my early away games at Crewe and some of the chants directed at their fans/Dario! 'What does that mean Dad?':laugh:

Sorry to go off topic again, nice songs Spunkers be good to hear them with a good following at Sheffield United!

But making chants to do with an old man who used to sexually abuse children is ok then? I just don't understand where the line is

I think the line varies upon what your sense of humour is like.

There are some chants I have heard that have made me go "oof, bit close", but still made me laugh. A few comedians make me do the same.

I guess it is all down to opinion.

A lot of football songs aren't particularly tasteful or wouldn't be acceptable if said in any other walk of life. However I tend to agree with the poster on page 1(biddleingy). Sorry to say it but tough ****! It's part and parcel of the atmosphere at a football match, if you don't like it 1) don't join in or 2) don't go.

Personnally I don't condone every chant Vale fans sing but I'm generally not easily offended. I remember my Dad being a bit worried about the language when he was first going to take me to Vale(early 90s) but when all was said and done he wanted me to support the club. I remember asking a few awkward questions after one of my early away games at Crewe and some of the chants directed at their fans/Dario! 'What does that mean Dad?':laugh:

Sorry to go off topic again, nice songs Spunkers be good to hear them with a good following at Sheffield United!

So far this season we have had songs ce;ebrating rapists and paedophiles. Sorry if I don't like that, and I don't think you need to be "easily offended" to dislike those particular songs.

Each to their own I suppose though.

So far this season we have had songs ce;ebrating rapists and paedophiles. Sorry if I don't like that, and I don't think you need to be "easily offended" to dislike those particular songs.

Each to their own I suppose though.

You say don't bother going if you don't like the songs. If everyone who didn't like the songs didn't go it would just be the corner in the chavvock oops sorry paddock left.

So you would prefer to sit in a silent ground??

That would get incredibly boring.

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

BUT

I would prefer to sit in a noisy ground with songs being roared about the players, not about people who sexually abuse children. Must just be me tho, strange that.

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

BUT

I would prefer to sit in a noisy ground with songs being roared about the players, not about people who sexually abuse children. Must just be me tho, strange that.

There are far more important things in the world to worry about other than a few songs at a football match !! Just saying.....

There are far more important things in the world to worry about other than a few songs at a football match !! Just saying.....

we all know that Marge, there are a lot of things in the world a hell of a lot more important than PVFC too but try telling that to the 5000 on a saturday.

Just because there are more important things doesn't mean we can't discuss the little things.

we all know that Marge, there are a lot of things in the world a hell of a lot more important than PVFC too but try telling that to the 5000 on a saturday.

Just because there are more important things doesn't mean we can't discuss the little things.

I guess thats the thing, its different at a football match, joining in with a certain song does not mean I condone rape or messing with Kids, its just a song for me, no real mallice or anything else, all a bit tongue in cheek.

One thing I don't like SV is the chant "can you run" to the away fans, the violence at football for no good reason is one of the things I don't condone and I don't get involved in that chant. (chesterfield may bank Holiday will be a bit lairy I am sure!)

I guess thats the thing, its different at a football match, joining in with a certain song does not mean I condone rape or messing with Kids, its just a song for me, no real mallice or anything else, all a bit tongue in cheek.

One thing I don't like SV is the chant "can you run" to the away fans, the violence at football for no good reason is one of the things I don't condone and I don't get involved in that chant. (chesterfield may bank Holiday will be a bit lairy I am sure!)

Don't get me wrong, I was never saying you condoned rape or messing with kids. I suppose it is all about where you draw your line in the sand. I think we are at opposite ends of the beach in that respect....and just because I don't like the songs doesn't mean I am easily offended or in fact dislike the people that choose to sing it, just them few songs I dont like anyway, everything else is usually fine.

Archived