onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

55 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Not sure what everyone is moaning about, we are getting a new building on the training ground with a gym and office space... will be the best in League Two.

So frustrated at the moment.

When is carol going to realise that the product on the pitch is the most important part of any football club. 

I, and I suspect most Vale fans go to the match to see a good competitive game of football and hopefully 3 points. I do not go there to gaze in awe at the superb facilities at the Wembley of the North. How anyone cannot understand that everything flows from the product on the pitch is totally beyond me. I would rather splash ankle deep through urine (and did so for many years) and have decent team, than have the best bogs in boslem and garbage on the pitch. Of course I would prefer the facilities and the team but if, as it is, a question of either/or, I'll take the team please. I  get what some say about Carol and Kevin saving the Vale, but what if they have only postponed the inevitable?

I have never in all my years as a Vale fan seen worse football than now, with full time professionals unable to undertake the most basic of football skills, and worse, far worse, look like they could not give a monkeys. 

Dire times.

I am no fan of Flitcroft and the DOF model however I respect Carol for coming out with her statement today and being open and honest about her decision and although not one I agree with I hope it pays off. Without Carol we'd be in a serious mess and I am grateful for what they have done. I also don't know the ins and outs of the football club and who does what but there has been some bad mistakes recruitment wise and that needs addressing starting with the next manager. 

Can anyone justify Flitcroft, an experienced EFL manager not being in the dugout last night? His actions yesterday tell me, loud and clear, Mr Flitcroft is far more important than the good of PVFC or the welfare of the academy staff. For that alone he should never again be allowed into Vale Park.

16 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Look at the academy system that's been put in place and is substantialy increasing the money the club has available to them. Just look at the infrastructure that has been put in place. Flitcroft has got a lot of things right but he's also got things wrong I'm not denying that. You can't deny most vale fans tend to look at only the negatives.

Where’s the money going? Record ticket sales, selling on promising youngsters, record merchandise sales, fan zones etc etc & we can’t afford to bring a striker or wing back in & rely on loan kids who aren’t made for a relegation scrap at this stage of their career. I can have a guess where it’s going! 

2 minutes ago, ginge said:

I am no fan of Flitcroft and the DOF model however I respect Carol for coming out with her statement today and being open and honest about her decision and although not one I agree with I hope it pays off. Without Carol we'd be in a serious mess and I am grateful for what they have done. I also don't know the ins and outs of the football club and who does what but there has been some bad mistakes recruitment wise and that needs addressing starting with the next manager. 

Its not about Carol and this is where some people, like yourself & Carol are missing the point. its about 1 man

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

Most telling thing is that she heard the chants last night, and instead of thinking:

“maybe the few thousand who turned up, and the thousands who didn’t, have a point here”

but 

“they’re all wrong and I’m right - I’ll tell them so tomorrow!”.

One thing is true, and I can imagine Carol sees it this way: Internally at a company when faced with adversity, you'll often tell and remind yourself that the customer doesn't know what it's like on the inside, they don't know it all. A 'we know best' mentality because they happen to be the ones doing it. Nobody else could know or do better.

Results and the league table show the complete opposite though, the primary reason there is a club in the first place. To win at football. It's not a social enterprise. There's just a lack of self-awareness of where we are and where we're going it seems. 

10 minutes ago, Brighton Valiant said:

The average supporter pays to watch a football match on a Saturday afternoon.   That football match is supposed to be the primary product of the club, and for most fans is their only connection to the club.    There are no positives on the pitch to speak of really.    I hope the club is making good money away from the 1st team performances, because crowds of 4000 aint going to cut it.

If you want to watch a good team let them put infrastructure into the club so we produce better players and make more money to spend on the first team etc. 

Most league 2 clubs have better facilities and infrastructure. That's why we are investing in the academy etc. We need these foundations or we won't get any further than league 1 in the future.

We don't have infinite money but we can pull money out of thin air by selling academy players.

I hope you understand that.

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

When is carol going to realise that the product on the pitch is the most important part of any football club. 

Exactly. I madly and frankly stupidly bought tickets for the away Peterborough game next week. It is so deflating not to hear any apology for at least the football. Instead it seems like we should be greatful she fed the hungry during Covid. 

Look, I respect Bob Geldof for Live Aid, but his music was truly bloody rubbish. Likewise with Carol trying to claim, don’t worry about the club…just look at the good I am doing! 

12 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Yes it's your choice I agree. If I was Carol though I would be looking if he has done a good job or bad job. The fan's opinions don't always matter I have to be honest. Especially when half of us think we are experts in football and think we know it all without much clear information from the club on plans. we have and idea from carols letter but I think we need more. The club needs to be more transparent in the future.

Of course the fans opinions matter! 95% can see what’s been happening for months now & their is no football club without the fans. Owners come & go, players come & go

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Where’s the money going? Record ticket sales, selling on promising youngsters, record merchandise sales, fan zones etc etc & we can’t afford to bring a striker or wing back in & rely on loan kids who aren’t made for a relegation scrap at this stage of their career. I can have a guess where it’s going! 

Have a good guess let's see where we end up first

Archived