onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Action against Steward

old sage

Guest Kevospireite

I'm not one to condone the behaviour of any Stewards if what you say is correct.

I warned the Forum about the over zealous nature of the Stewards at the Stadium and also expressed the amount of Banning orders given out.

I also explained that they were not interested in violence like pre 1980 but were more interested in minor crap that is found in over excited, intoxicated fans.

One thing I did not know before hand was that under the instruction of the Police there were extra Stewards mainly in Orange that have not been at previous games. That were recruited from an external Security Firm (Night Club Bouncers) because "Intel" had highlighted a prospective minority of trouble causers intent on spoiling other supporters day out.

Again they were responding to the Minority of people that sadly let down your club. I know it takes two to cause a fight but when 10 or so fans deliberately run into a Bus Queue of Chesterfield Supporters just because they were singing or because the result does not go the right way just proves the "Intel" right.

The Police were at fault through out the day for their handling of the hole issue. They were stood watching and pointing out who was to be evicted etc. They also refused to with hold the Away Fans to allow the Home fans to disperse. This was requested for the interest and safety of all fans, but sadly the Police knew best.

Our club has it's minority of Morons and idiots too but thankfully both clubs have a core of true supporters.

Banter and Handbags between fans is all part of the atmosphere but we all know encroaching onto the pitch or causing Criminal Damage or even Racial Abuse is not tolerated at many grounds and least of all the B2Net.

I think the only lesson to be taken from the days events is, Drink in moderation and make sure your friends behave. If you run on the pitch or over the Adverts you are going to attract attention.

Good luck for the rest of the season, if you check our board (Bob's Board) our fans have nothing but praise and respect for the majority of your fans and sympathise with your treatment by the Police, and hope you follow us up out of this dog awful league.

===

Advert

Sage, so what? The vale fan shouldn't have walked onto the pitch anyway and being drunk and incapable isn't an excuse. People like that should not be let into the ground fullstop. I had the misfortune to have to stand next to a similar fan in the queue for the bog at halftime as he vomited where he stood, there is no excuse and no need for people to get so leathered before going to watch a game of football. It is embarassing to be a Vale fan when this type of fan decides to attend away games.

I'd have rubbed his face in it the dirty *******

If I can get enough evidence against that big goon of a steward who nearly started a riot by jumping on a drunken Vale fan who was about a quarter of his size. The guy was so drunk he just needed either putting back in the crowd of putting out of the ground.

What upset me the most was after when he went into their supporters and was shaking hands and doing 'high fives' the moron.

If you have filmed it or have some evidence I will write and demand he gets the sack.

I'll give evidence it happend right infront of me the steward was twice the size of the of the guy who I thought was slightly worse for drink and propably gone looking for the toilet and stumbled onto the playing area due to NO GATES the steward could have easily ushered him in the right direction but instead went power crazy and did a flying tackle on him which could have caused him damage======

I'll give evidence it happend right infront of me the steward was twice the size of the of the guy who I thought was slightly worse for drink and propably gone looking for the toilet and stumbled onto the playing area due to NO GATES the steward could have easily ushered him in the right direction but instead went power crazy and did a flying tackle on him which could have caused him damage======

thats where i was too unfortunately got no pics or nothing... but it was ****in disgusting i didnt see the drunk guy get back up there was no need to pound on him in the way that he did. If you need anything or any info just pm me

I'd have rubbed his face in it the dirty *******

You wouldnt you would have got a smack for your troubles.

They are horrible individuals

Sage i didn't see the high 5s and the rugby tackle was over the top. I think the bloke who was tackled just got ejected

if the stewards/police had clamped down on the d1ckheads in the main stand(to our right) goading and gesticulating,all would have been pretty peaceful,instaed they stood next to them and let em do what they want..... these were the same hardnuts that disapeared shortly after the 2nd goal !!:shifty:

I saw much of what went on and whilst the steward was over the top and should be done for assault the fan wasn't just wandering over looking for the toilet, he was trying to get at the away fans. In reality the steward probably saved him from taking a beating.
I think you are right Nelly but that steward was a b a s t a r d and could have caused a riot

I don't agree with fighting at games but trouble is stewards do go over the top on the slightest incident then all hell breaks loose, stewards need training in incidents like what happend on Saturday to minimize outbreaks

I don't agree with fighting at games but trouble is stewards do go over the top on the slightest incident then all hell breaks loose, stewards need training in incidents like what happend on Saturday to minimize outbreaks
I agree 100% the trouble is most are wanna be hardmen. All of them should have their identity on their jackets as well. Its a joke really. Im not condoning what the bloke did but if the stewards had done their job he wouldn't have been able to wobble his way along the side of the pitch. He was no threat, he could have been blown over.

Guest RayTab

Hold on. This Steward stopped someone from causing a fight, and by doing so nearly started a riot? Right, hows this the stewards fault again? Maybe if the fan was civilised as a human being then it wouldn't have happened.

Archived