onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players Wages

wootter

I managed to find this. The players are classed as "super creditors" and they get paid first;

When this happens to a football club the football creditors will be paid before any other creditors such as HM Revenue and Excise. This is termed the football super creditors rule and means that if a football club goes into administration the players’ wages will be paid as a priority over other non football related creditors.

Advert

I managed to find this. The players are classed as "super creditors" and they get paid first;

When this happens to a football club the football creditors will be paid before any other creditors such as HM Revenue and Excise. This is termed the football super creditors rule and means that if a football club goes into administration the players’ wages will be paid as a priority over other non football related creditors.

Shocking. Never mind the small businesses and other staff. In fact, it's disgusting. Probably the most highly paid members of staff in the company are legally protected (apart from the thieving crooks of course). Not to worry about the cleaners / groundsmen / ticket officers. They are entitled to claim dole, so no need to worry about them.

What on earth caused this stupid rule to be made I wonder?

Your havin a ****ing laugh surely???

I wake up at 5.30am travel around 1.5 hours to get to work, then do a 12 hour shift and get back in around 8.00/9.00pm and you want me to chip in with wages for the players, they can't even hang on to 1 goal lead!

I don't donate to charities such as Children in Need and Sport relief on the basis that these have programmes hosted by multi-millionaire celebrities begging for money.

If Robbie Williams and Phil Taylor are such big vale fans get in touch with them and ask them to pay them.

The only player i would pay towards is Doug Loft becuase he puts a shift in every game, no other vale player is worth it IMO

Take that chip of your shoulder. A simple no would suffice!! :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for Micky & the lads but I'm unsure whether I'd chip in for their wages.

Firstly Micky was warned to not get involved with the board but ignored us and made the board quorate which enabled Deakin and Miller in and the rest is history.

Secondly, for two years I've scraped by with no wages on many occasions, working stupid hours just to survive the recession. I've written off about 20 grand and nobody chipped in for me. I'm still paying for that now. They're privelidged guys earning more than I do in most cases and I have a bit of perspective, having suffered financially on a much larger scale.

Don't get me wrong, it's a horrible situation and I fully support them but I'm not funding their Mercs and beer tokens.

Micky stressed he only went as a director in order to bring in players, no other reason, bet he won't do it this time.

Shocking. Never mind the small businesses and other staff. In fact, it's disgusting. Probably the most highly paid members of staff in the company are legally protected (apart from the thieving crooks of course). Not to worry about the cleaners / groundsmen / ticket officers. They are entitled to claim dole, so no need to worry about them.

What on earth caused this stupid rule to be made I wonder?

PFA in the 60's at a wild guess. ??? :unsure:

Yeah, go on Princess, grab the pot you **** in and give some spare change to the poor footballers.

I thought you lot were supposed to be working class up there? Look after yourselves for goodness sake. The players will be OK!!!

surely if anyone needs chipping in for it's the background staff that are mostly on or near minimum wage, and not the footballers! Even for their poor standard of talent and effort get paid more than most in our society!

You can still trade as a business technically without paying all football creditors, but you have to settle all football debts in full in order to be allowed back into football competitions by the relevant authorities.

As a football club can't really trade without being allowed to play competitive football matches, it has to pay off all football debts to be allowed in the leagues again. It could always re-open as a florist or an ironmonger though.

surely if anyone needs chipping in for it's the background staff that are mostly on or near minimum wage, and not the footballers!

Xactly! I'm not knocking the players at all, I just think it's ridiculous to suggest that mere mortals should be asked to contribute to a whip-round for them. So many more deserving people in your club are going to suffer big time here. Have a whip round for them, and leave the prima donnas to cash in their ISAs and premium bonds to enable them to carry on living in comfort until they get get their god-given hand out after admin.

Humph.

we have been paying the players wages for years by buying season tickets and pies

they owe us a few free decent performances after weve paid them for not turning up for a number of games in the last 2 years

also, dont forget, if they get offered a way out on full money by another club they will be off!!!!

dont lose perspective people, the club is the most important not the players who are here todfay gone tomorrow

You do realise that most League Two players don't get paid a huge amount? We're not talking Premier League players with telephone book salaries and image rights bonuses; someone like Sam Morsy for example probably gets paid less than £1000 a week. Yes better than the average S-O-T wage but don't go overboard people generally live to their means.

And how much does the average non-management member of staff earn? And what is the job market like up there at the mo? Do they have mortgages, loans, fuel bills? Is the country still in recession?

Are the players likely to be bought by other clubs? Come on, don't gloss over the point I'm trying to make.

Archived