onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Owen injured

nezzer

Advert

A centre-back partnership of McCombe and McDonald will not work.

Too slow, too indecisive, too quiet and very little balance.

I fear for us at Rotherham if we go in with a defence of Yates, McCombe and McDonald + 1 other I really do.

Personally, I don't want McCombe playing. FAR too slow and constantly out-paced. McDonald offers strength and is far better on the ball than McCombe who constantly hoofs it up to an opposition player or hits it out of play. I'd give one of the young lads a go. Who better to be alongside on your first start? The man mountain that is Clayton McDonald, of course.

Besides conceding a soft penalty against Aldershot, and a moment of madness at Southend, he hasn't put a foot wrong all season. McCombe's been sloppy for a while now. Keep Loft at LB, only choice - we need pace at the back.

Personally, I don't want McCombe playing. FAR too slow and constantly out-paced. McDonald offers strength and is far better on the ball than McCombe who constantly hoofs it up to an opposition player or hits it out of play. I'd give one of the young lads a go. Who better to be alongside on your first start? The man mountain that is Clayton McDonald, of course.

Besides conceding a soft penalty against Aldershot, and a moment of madness at Southend, he hasn't put a foot wrong all season. McCombe's been sloppy for a while now. Keep Loft at LB, only choice - we need pace at the back.

Totally agree, doubt it will happen though :(

I'd fear us going into a clash with Stafford rangers ATM.. We are **** all over the park

To be honest what Micky needs to do is get the first team to play a couple of friendlies against teams they are going to batter both in a footballing sense and in terms of healthy 5 or 6 nil wins.

The only way to get out of this mess is to start putting it right in the pitch, not the training ground (can't see anything inspirational in games as we clearly don't focus on attacking set pieces, defending set pieces, corners, quick build up play etc) and certainly not through the players talking great stuff in the press or new players which won't happen anyway.

When Leroy Rosenoir was at Torquay and they were on a bad run he had the 1st team playing in organised friendlies against teams you knew they were going to out pass and pummel, low and behold they turned things around and saved their season.

Owen was one of our best players last year, but this year I think his poor form is down to him not being fit.

I would agree, he's a shadow of himself from last season. When he first joined us he was superb and whilst he's never been the quickest I think he's now slower than McCombe. He also seems a lot quieter.

The only other explanation is that he is taking too much on off the pitch with his reserve team role, PFA role, studies and pieces for the media.

He is undoubtedly an intelligent footballer and until this season has been integral to us.

Archived