onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale on Back Page of the Daily Mail

Matt88

If I'm not mistaken he does actually admit his actions at the end...

'I just lost it and went for them. Stewards, team-mates and even some Accrington players moved really quickly and pulled me away. I honestly don’t know what I’d have done, but I was blazing and wanted to confront them.'

So he doesn't try and sugarcoat what he did, he admits he went for the fans, and IMHO I don't blame him after what I heard! Its more a case of certain individuals on here trying to sugarcoat the actions of the minority saying they were provoked. It was uncomfortable to watch at the time and even more uncomfortable that not every agrees with myself and others that there is no excuse for it. For those who are saying they 'did not hear anything racist' that can say you perhaps didn't notice it because you don't have a problem with the use of it? I'm sure as a black man, the racist remarks would have stood out clear as day to him, as on the video it is definitely noticable above the Gannon shouts so again why do people say there is no way he would have heard it? I could go on all day about this but I'm to some people there is no getting through and they are quite happy to sweep this under the rug to save face.

Advert

all you saying it was one person, i was there and i didnt hear anybody or even on the video, did you all hear this racist comment on the radio or somert?

he obviously using this to hide his own actions

If this allegation is proven to be unfounded, can fans take a group action to sue Ex for defamation?

YOu can clearly hear the racist remark on the video though.

Sorry WV, I have listened and listened and I can not make it out

1 min 30 - 1 min 32...listen for 'die Exodus you f*****g n****r ******' whoever shouts it has quite a hoarse voice, obviously already dished out his fair share of abuse...

Guest Tony Dyche

Yeh just heard it. This is poor and not acceptable. What I would say is this is not the racial abuse he claims to have reacted to. It is some way from the incident and if the video had not been right there it would not have picked it up. Exodus is confronting people right by the tunnel and so for his story to hold water, stewards and players need to have heard it from the area he confronts.

I am not condoning it in any way but I have my doubts about how factual Ex is being.

Guest Tony Dyche
We have treat Exodus really badly in all the time he has been here. I am ashamed of how we treated him. We have booed him everytime he touches the ball and blamed him when we lose even though 3 or 4 of our players have been worse.

Make no mistake, he has been treated badly because he is a terrible footballer and not because he is black.

Guest Tony Dyche
No I agree, We have a number of black players in the team that I hope would never hear some of the words that Exodus heard.

Some? I hear a single comment made too far away from what he is reacting to. Are you saying you witnessed further comments of a racial nature? If so, you need to help the club identify the culprits, if not then be more careful with your wording as you insinuate that this was not an isolated incident.

Regardless of where this incident took place, and whether or not it was in earshot, it shows that a Vale fan racially abused one of our players. I have no doubt in my mind that it wont have been an isolated incident. Regardless of whether or not it was racially motivated the general treatment of Geohagan has been appalling. Regardless of him being Gannon's man and a poor footballer, he didnt deserve that. Listen to that video and ask yourself if you are happy to be associated with that behaviour because you happen to support the same team as those people. I for one am not!

Guest Tony Dyche

SD that is not the point I am making and quite frankly I think it's alarming that you are happy to assume others are racist without evidence. I happen to think that being accused of being racist is one of the worst there is in 2011. Everybody should be ashamed of the single comment made. However, that does not make that person pathalogically racist, he may have been drunk and just lashing out with something designed to cause hurt. I don't know, but then neither does anybody else and I would certainly not presume that others said it without evidence.

Allegedly Stan Meigh has been making racial comments about Mo, however until I hear evidence of it I would not brand him a racist, and nor would I presume that other board members must have said it as well.

Archived