onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A blip or major surgery needed?

my concern is the amount of players we have who have proved to be inconsistant over the last couple of years who are still the core of the squad, i like a lot of them as honest pro's who are trying their best

but at the end of the day are they good enough to get us out of this league and establish the club in the league above?

at the moment i don't think so

i hope the new board can reconise this and a plan of action in the near future

Advert

It's all about consistency and being difficult to beat. It's no good tanking Northampton one week and then putting up a performance like today's (Morecombe 12 shots on target Vale 4, Morecombe ***). We have inconsistent players (Griff Owen and Pope excepted), Adams has a tendency to stick with the same team and tactics if it worked last time. But other teams work this out and Morecombe were a different proposition from a lightweight Northampton. A tighter formation (maybe five at the back) would have been better to start off with.

Not having a central defender on the bench didn't help with the tactical options either. We haven't beaten anyone from the top half of the table, the attendance was very poor, and have we moved on much from last season? not really in my opinion. But we just have to hope that this was a blip and it gets sorted. My worry is that blips are becoming a bit of a habit at VP.

First game back today, and at the moment I have no urge to go again. As bad as anything I saw under glover and sinnott. The same players who failed for the last few years, and an awful pre season transfer window by adams hasn't improved the team. I expect the usual call for dodds to come back but he is worse than the rest, and if he can't get into that team, it speaks volumes. McCombe seems to have gone back to being the player he was when sinnott brought him in. I have no idea why everyone raves about Rigg. Mt Average for 2 years, then he scores in two games and suddenly he is the next tony naylor. So glad i didn't buy a season ticket. WIll see if its a blip over the next two away games before deciding whether to bother. In previous season I would have just kept going, but having stayed away, its a lot easier not to do that. I expected the crowd to be bigger today, but barely scraped over 5000. Will be back to gates below the 5000 mark next home match.

So who is to blame then?The manager has signed the majority of the players,he dictates the tactics and picks the team. He was only brought back in an attempt to keep the old board in place. This was not a good enough reason to appoint him! Time will tell but the signs do not look good!

So whose 'fault' was it when we hammered Northampton then?

Do we credit Adams with the wins or just beat him to death with the defeats?

Sort yourself man.

We have mid table mediocrity written all over us. We will win some and lose some and finish about 10-12th, just as the same players and manager has done for the last few years. I argued for a clear out of a large group of players 18 months ago, and was told not to be daft. I'll be arguing for the same players to be cleared off again at the end of this year. Maybe we should have let gannon rip the team apart last year.

A blip. But it all comes down to effort. If this team puts the effort in it'll win more than it loses, by some way. But if they put the effort in they put in today they will be nowhere.

This is one thing that drives me insane, the team didn't put effort in? They are payed to play football for Port Vale and put effort in. If I was the manager if I ever saw any player not putting effort in he'd be out the door faster than **** off a shiney shovel.

LV. You need to look at the big picture. Adams was a failure at Sheffield and has now returned on a three year contract. He has a top six budget, has signed the majority of players and where are Vale in the league?

Where are the players he signed this season?

Where are the players he signed this season?

Williamson - fits and starts

Burge - Been constantly injured

Pope - Had been improving until today

MacDonald - Had looked better in a 5 man defence but has a court case

Burge - Constantly injured

Chilvers - Excellent signing

Little - meh

Kozluk - Until today, been ok. Today he was worse than Sunday football standard

LV. You need to look at the big picture. Adams was a failure at Sheffield and has now returned on a three year contract. He has a top six budget, has signed the majority of players and where are Vale in the league?

4 points off 3rd with 32 games left to play.....disaster :rolleyes:

We will make the play-offs.

Archived