onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Positive move forward

Mr Carter

And you now want to send some one in ALONE ,don't you get that bit,whats the difference,

Who says I want to send anyone in?

The sc committee decision for the recent meeting was that Dave should be accompanied by another sc rep. If the committee had decided that, then in an organisation run by a committee the wishes of the committee should have been adhered to. The reasons for this decision were numerous and valid,but Dave went against the committee decision and went alone and left himself open to criticism.

A supporters rep being appointed to the board is something completely different and futile anyway in my opinion.

Advert

TIM,I've got know problem with this idea of having someone on the board (wish it was MARK SIMMS) am just putting the point across of ironic DF got all this abuse which was way over the top in my view,I do feel sorry for the person who volunteers as eventual they will be turned on. :(

Simon Hill has told me, personally, that he would not wish to be considered. Apparently, he's far too handsome. Jean Jackson said so and I would never disagree with that guy:ninja:

Jean Jackson is known to be astonishingly short-sighted. Indeed, it was only the fact that her parents were married which prevented her from becoming a referee.

The difference is that Tim knows what he's talking about. On the other hand, your iPhone has taken over your life.

The IPHONE bit is true :) the other bit,well he is very good at putting his point across but I don't have to agree with him all the time,anyway dinner time for me.

TIM,I've got know problem with this idea of having someone on the board (wish it was MARK SIMMS) am just putting the point across of ironic DF got all this abuse which was way over the top in my view,I do feel sorry for the person who volunteers as eventual they will be turned on. :(

I saw Dave get a lot of criticism Grebo, for his actions that went against what others had expressly asked him not to do. I don't recall any actual abuse just criticism and disagreement, nobody is above that, not even Dave.

The IPHONE bit is true :) the other bit,well he is very good at putting his point across but I don't have to agree with him all the time,anyway dinner time for me.

You don't have to agree with me at all, life would be very boring if we all agreed on everything!

Enjoy your snappin! :razz:

Simon Hill has told me, personally, that he would not wish to be considered. Apparently, he's far too handsome. Jean Jackson said so and I would never disagree with that guy:ninja:

You must have a hot line to Simon then.......or I wonder if you are hearing voices????? maybe it's the wind in the gas vents from t'pit.......

All,

I have no axe to grind with the people who have complained that I attended the meeting alone.

What I would say is that the outcome of the negotiation was the offer in principle for a supporter elected Director.

So whilst I have accepted some criticism I still believe the ends have justified the means and we have the best opportunity possible of bringing transparency from the Boardroom to the fans.

I think it is a major step forward for the Supporters Club and all fans in general.

I also have no problem whatsoever in agreeing to now stand down from my position as Chairman of the SC and wish Pete Williams all the best in taking over the position. Peter and myself have worked very closely for a number of years now.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Gary Benson (PVO) and Martin Tideswell (journalist) for coming onto the SC committee and whilst I have had to field a number of personal issues with them over this affair I believe they will make a major impact on taking the SC forward.

On this basis I am very well aware of the talent that lies within this site and also the pro-change groups and I dearly hope that a number of the activists now bring their talents to the SC and if they feel that personal issues with me would obstruct them from doing that then I would happily stand down from the committee whilst remaining a member of the SC (a proxy pre-requisite).

It's got to be someone pragmatic and professional enough to put the good of the club before the "rights" of the gossips on here.

Not many fit the bill tbh, can see it being a poisoned chalice to whoever ends up with the role seeing how Dave was treated. If it's some of the posters on here we'll be at war with the club within days and the whole exercise will be wasted. Maybe a term limit should be put in place with annual open elections rather than whoever the SC sees fit to put forward.

Archived