onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Potential Buyers

Timothius

What have people got against Hedge Funds, they are a financial vehicle administered by Investment Management firms. Investment Management firms are no different from any other company, some are very profitable some not, some run by fair and decent individuals some not etc etc. I believe John Henry, Liverpool's owner, made his money in hedge funds, George Soros is another notable fedge fund manager.

What is imortant is that whom/whatever buys the Vale has the money to buy the club and to invest in the club and due dilligence can be done to prove this, eg looking at accounts/tax returns etc, the company/individual has years of history and experience making money and generating profit, they have a football motive to be involved with the club, a plan for succes and wish to be involved for many years.

Smurf made a very good point when he said Vale fans should be more concerned with whom he sells to.

I wouldn't rule out a hedge fund/Investment management Company, they are businesses that are audited and pay taxes just like any other business. If it's an American hedge fund then the GBP/USD exchange rate is most favorable to buy PVFC at the moment.

It could also be that it is a group of hedge fund managers who want to invest their own money for whatever reason. There is little to gain from an actual hedge fund paying 6 million plus for the Vale when they wouldn't recoup their money, that isn't what hedge fund traders do

Advert

So our great internet abusers have forced the Smurth into hedge fund offers at best! As said I am not the best Smurth supporter but would rather have him than the unknown. Too many Vale fans on here helping destroy the club, they seem to get a perverse enjoyment out of it, more so than a win. In today's world I just want there to be a Port Vale. We do need a saviour but then we all want a Russian or Arab millionaire to take over, not going to happen. Sometimes better to accept none perfection? We did it with Billy Bell!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

there is only one person destroying the club and that is Norman Smurthwaite

If I was SMURF I would sell to anyone to stop the abuse he's getting and let his abusers take the consequences if it goes bad in the future

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

John, no one is abusing Norman. People have voiced their concerns and reasons why they want him to sell. The worse abuse has come in the other direction, from Norman to the fans.

So he lied the other day then, good enough for me to not believe him. Thanks for the clarification Rob.

He said he had received 4 bids, all had previously paid a fee and 2 had matched his asking price. One, Synectics, wasn't acceptable as they needed to borrow money, the other was a hedge fund. If he now has 2 hedge funds bidding at the asking price that means he has had 5 bids and 5 people have paid a fee and done due diligence.

So this question is for Norman, which of your versions is correct?

>>Synectics, wasn't acceptable as they needed to borrow money.

Hedge funds should then not be accepable as they need to borrow money.

They often employ leverage: Hedge funds will often use borrowed money to amplify their returns. As we saw during the financial crisis of 2008, leverage can also wipe out hedge funds.

Read more: Hedge Fund http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hedgefund.asp#ixzz4aD5Y4EHA

Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

John, no one is abusing Norman. People have voiced their concerns and reasons why they want him to sell. The worse abuse has come in the other direction, from Norman to the fans.

I have read most of what's been said on other threads and I would call it abuse,even ROB as stepped in a few times to remind folk of the rules of abuse

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

I have read most of what's been said on other threads and I would call it abuse,even ROB as stepped in a few times to remind folk of the rules of abuse

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Well he hasn't reminded me of anything. I've been frank and critical and pushed Norman for answers which he couldn't or wouldnt give. Norman in return has tried his belittling tactics which haven't worked and John Amos has called people names. Norman gives as much as he gets

Archived