onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What Blue Sky gains from Port Vale

FP23

Advert

Nobody knows for sure.

I imagine a quorum of the board of directors would have to meet and vote the deal through.

what do blue sky get in exchange?has that been mentioned yet?surely they are not going give 8 million away just to advertise their company, after all we are in league two not the prem.

sorry i am so behind with times at the vale atm!

how about the many shareholders? do they get any say:unsure: as they are an important part or the club!!!

but I guess just like the fans the shareholders are nothing important!

===

I know exactly what you're saying.

They will argue that the shareholders elect a board and delegate certain decisions to them. Otherwise you would have to call an EGM for every single aspect or decision involved in running the club.

Whether it's in line with the Valiant 2001 ethos though is another matter.

The board ofn directors will sanction the deal, but no director can be placed onto the board without the vote from the shareholders. this is not extraordinary for any limited company and is in fact standard practice. it is only with Public limited companies that any proposed purchase/merger would be put to the shareholders.

What do Blue Sky get out of this?

Advertising

A case study site to show to other prospective buyers of there goods

A base in Europe from which to expand their operations

An additional business from which they expect growth and expansion in order to achieve a return on their investment

Blue Sky are most likely looking to spend £8m in order to tap into a market worth £80m+

We get some pretty **** hot training facility to use too, which I can't understand why people think is a bad thing.

Facilities, amongst many other facets draw quality players to a club. I'm in no doubt that top class facilities can only benefit results on the pitch.

We get some pretty **** hot training facility to use too, which I can't understand why people think is a bad thing.

Facilities, amongst many other facets draw quality players to a club. I'm in no doubt that top class facilities can only benefit results on the pitch.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Sorry Rob, no amount of plastic pitches will attract the type of players that we need to get out of this **** league if we don't have the money to pay them a decent wage.

I thought that we already had decent training facilities?

As others have said, training facilities make no difference to players coming to the club. Transfer fees and wages do.

I thought that we already had decent training facilities?

As others have said, training facilities make no difference to players coming to the club. Transfer fees and wages do.

That's not true - the facilities available at a club can have a major impact on whether a player signs or not, it can be a deciding factor, especially if money is equivalent between 2 potential deals.

And we can't have facilities that are that decent if we have to go running to Nantwich town the moment the weather gets bad or running round a lake in a park for pre-season!

Hi all

Been away for last week and not been able keep up to date with Vale news.

From what i've read am i right in saying that 5m will be invested to finish lorne street and put plastic pitches at CW.

Given the AGS bid included doing this along with other things for investment of 1.6m seems like something doesn't add up to me. Are the club / blue sky just quoting the 8m figure hoping fans will be happy that it betters Mo's 5m offer, but in reality the real investment figure will be a lot lower.

Thoughts?

The board ofn directors will sanction the deal, but no director can be placed onto the board without the vote from the shareholders. this is not extraordinary for any limited company and is in fact standard practice. it is only with Public limited companies that any proposed purchase/merger would be put to the shareholders.

What do Blue Sky get out of this?

Advertising

A case study site to show to other prospective buyers of there goods

A base in Europe from which to expand their operations

An additional business from which they expect growth and expansion in order to achieve a return on their investment

Blue Sky are most likely looking to spend £8m in order to tap into a market worth £80m+

What will the Vale take from this other than the training facilities?

Wonder how much rent we will have to pay for this?

Explain how this is a direct investment into PVFC?

Explain how this is open and honest with shareholder other than the board members?

Sounds good to me my ****!

As I stated in other posts until someone shows me anything else, I believe we have been sold down the river and well and truly shafted!

Totally agree. Is Arthur Daley involved in any capacity;)

Hi all

Been away for last week and not been able keep up to date with Vale news.

From what i've read am i right in saying that 5m will be invested to finish lorne street and put plastic pitches at CW.

Given the AGS bid included doing this along with other things for investment of 1.6m seems like something doesn't add up to me. Are the club / blue sky just quoting the 8m figure hoping fans will be happy that it betters Mo's 5m offer, but in reality the real investment figure will be a lot lower.

Thoughts?

Why do people keep repeating that Mo was investing £5m. They obviously haven't read the paper he put out which made clear most of the £5m was a LOAN to be paid back with interest at a later date.

Archived