onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

ValeMadrid87

Do you thing Pope is good for vale??  

498 members have voted

1. 1. Do you thing Pope is good for vale??

• No
    • Yes
    • Not sure yet

Advert

you comparing a player over a season at vale to a player who has played 5 or 6 games for vale, ask rigg gaza roberts lofty if they like playing with popie because they are scoring because of him

Loft scored twice against Southend and once against Burton. Pope played no part in any of those goals. Pope played no part in Rigg's goals against Accrington, nor in Roberts's goal in the same game.

So how are the players scoring because of him?

So why has Pope got a grand total of just one assist to his name?

you dont need touch the ball to assist, he unsettles defenders makes space little areas for midfields run into its no shock we scoring and the players in midfield are scoring, and he is there to miss chances i always remember a marcus bent at vale that missed as much as popey when at vale he got the same treatment as popey getting now and he ended up going for over 2 million, you ask any player if you get the chance what he is offering the team i know what the answer will be,

So why has Pope got a grand total of just one assist to his name?

That means nowt mark. An assist is just the last person to touch the ball before the goal. Doesn't take into account the whole build up to the goal, taking defenders out of the way etc.

The indisputable fact is we, as a team, are scoring far more goals with Pope up front that we did with Justin Richard.

we played more football this season with him in the team than we have ever done with rico in team, thats one thing we not this season is long ball we played a lot of good wide play football so that comment is un fair

err, its reality, im not knocking tom, i like and rate him

however the current style we play from defense dictates we need tom as a target man, simple football basics really

That means nowt mark. An assist is just the last person to touch the ball before the goal. Doesn't take into account the whole build up to the goal, taking defenders out of the way etc.

The indisputable fact is we, as a team, are scoring far more goals with Pope up front that we did with Justin Richard.

thank you geoge at last someone who sees the bigger picture of a player, popey offers to the team even if he dont score if he does its a bonus ye ye strikers are supposed to score but he more all round than that

err, its reality, im not knocking tom, i like and rate him

however the current style we play from defense dictates we need tom as a target man, simple football basics really

but we have runners arount him rigg lofty dodds etc etc which will benefit from him, i would rather 3 4 5 players come stronger into the game because of what he does or one player scoring ie rico and other players not in the game, we will be more powerful as a unit over this season

but we have runners arount him rigg lofty dodds etc etc which will benefit from him, i would rather 3 4 5 players come stronger into the game because of what he does or one player scoring ie rico and other players not in the game, we will be more powerful as a unit over this season

again i agree with you

my point was of support for tom, thank god he is playing if all we can do from defence is hoof the ball

Brooker scored a lot more than 3 in his final season.

Re.Pope, I wasn't impressed by what I saw last season, not been yet this year but given Marc Richards' injury, then we don't have many other options up front.

Sorry, my bad.

His last 3 seasons with us he scored 8, 5 and 8.

But people didn't rate him by goals scored. And the same rule should surely be applied with Pope, particularly after 5/6 games?

Archived