onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"The conveyor belt of talent arriving at Vale Park has started..."

News Feed

Advert

He doesn't deserve that number with his antics and mutterings over the last nine months.

Pre the Exeter game he was just a buffoon but since December he has called Vale fans racists and hooligans and even said that Vale fans had beaten him up. He more than anyone in our past has possibly brought our club into disrepute.

In my opinion he has the same disdain for fans as he did with Page and our ex players.

We will one day get an owner that does actually have the Vale at heart. It is a real shame that he did not sell up as he said he would, obviously no one would pay his inflated price for the club.

Only one season out of the last 38 have I not had a season ticket and that was the "starve em out"

campaign to help remove the Miller/Deakin regime. This upcoming one will be my second without a season ticket as I refuse to give my money to such an arrogant pillock. I will continue following the club I love at all the away grounds I can get to (barring holidays).

But surely if you care about and love the club you pay money into it regardless of what division we are in, what players we have, what the name of the manager is and who the chairman is.

I'd follow the club in non league if heaven forbid we sank that low. Just like the fact I've brought an ST and can't even go some games due to work. Can I afford waste money, no not really with my Morgage on a court order due to previous illness. However the club is in my blood and i would be ashamed to turn my back on it.

But surely if you care about and love the club you pay money into it regardless of what division we are in, what players we have, what the name of the manager is and who the chairman is.

I'd follow the club in non league if heaven forbid we sank that low. Just like the fact I've brought an ST and can't even go some games due to work. Can I afford waste money, no not really with my Morgage on a court order due to previous illness. However the club is in my blood and i would be ashamed to turn my back on it.

Unfortunately, that is a view that has been shared with people that run our club for years and years. It's naïve, lazy and incorrectly puts the onus on the fans, when the club should ALWAYS be looking to improve and entice fans through the turnstiles. Look at the outcome if you don't believe me, season ticket sales have fallen season after season, the figures don't lie.

What you're doing is you're disregarding the thousands of people out there who care about the club, a lot, but decide for one reason or another not to spend their money on the club at the moment. Do we look down on them and blame them for not coming? You and many others have taken that stance, but would it make any difference, would they all suddenly start spending out of blind faith? No.

There are different types of supporter. There are those like yourself that will go no matter what. Then there are several different levels below that. Ultimately, we need to sell more season tickets, and we need more paying on the day. Hopefully the club will be a lot more proactive and look at ways to encourage them in future, rather than writing them off as not real fans.

Archived