onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loan system

Phil B

Advert

Think many clubs abuse it including vale over time.

If used effectively then it can be valuable...but we seem to sign players & then either dont play them or send them back after 2minutes.

Personally i think it should be extended but a rule added that if you sign a player on an "emergency loan" then if said player is fit then he must start each game & must play at least 45minutes.

The very nature of the name "emergency" suggests that you need this player due to the fact you have a dire situation such injuries or suspensions etc

On a slightly different subject but along the same theme, the amount of players we have signed this season that have not been given a chance by the manager is beyond belief because we have a defence that is leakier than the titanic & yet "Pagey" keeps the same personnel week after week.....again id like to see a rule where by if you sign a player then he must play in a set amount of games over the season.

This would hopefully encourage better scouting so ensure signings are correct & also stop some of the absolute wastes that we have seen not only at vale over the last 10yrs but from clubs up n down the leagues.

Think many clubs abuse it including vale over time.

I think "abuse it" is a bit harsh. After all, can you really abuse a system that sets limits to how many players you can have?

My problem is that the money gap is so big in football at the moment that simply closing this in one go would potentially damage clubs and perhaps even players (would a crocked player be encouraged to play on with injury if the club cannot bring in a loan?).

If it's going to go then surely it should be phased out and matched (in an ideal world) with an increase in the solidarity payments from the vastly rich Premier League to allow clubs to maintain bigger squads to cope with injuries.

I think simply closing it down without seemingly any thought is only going to benefit the rich clubs.

After all, if you are Leicester and you come down to the Championship with a guaranteed £30 parachute payment for the next four seasons, you can easily have a bigger squad than Rotherham who have no such parachute payment, are trying to compete with you and (as the BBC stats in that article show have used six loanees to bridge the gap).

I think "abuse it" is a bit harsh. After all, can you really abuse a system that sets limits to how many players you can have?

My problem is that the money gap is so big in football at the moment that simply closing this in one go would potentially damage clubs and perhaps even players (would a crocked player be encouraged to play on with injury if the club cannot bring in a loan?).

If it's going to go then surely it should be phased out and matched (in an ideal world) with an increase in the solidarity payments from the vastly rich Premier League to allow clubs to maintain bigger squads to cope with injuries.

I think simply closing it down without seemingly any thought is only going to benefit the rich clubs.

After all, if you are Leicester and you come down to the Championship with a guaranteed £30 parachute payment for the next four seasons, you can easily have a bigger squad than Rotherham who have no such parachute payment, are trying to compete with you and (as the BBC stats in that article show have used six loanees to bridge the gap).

Abuse is possibly too strong a word but given the nature in which it has been used by clubs against the original reason it was brought in, it has certainly been exploited.

As for money well it has in my opinion ruined football, created an english arrogance where the top clubs seem to think who ever has the most are automatically the best? The premier league & its bosses are arrogant beyond belief, "we have the most money & therefore we are the best league & best clubs" belief is so silly....they dont even have the second best league.

Parachute payments...rewarding failure...and another reason why clubs dont get their houses in order. Relegated teams shouldnt recieve anything other than money for overall position at end of season, they shouldnt then recieve millions more for the next 10 seasons or whatever it is. Really hate the english football structure re money etc.

Archived