onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the anti-mo folks

the_tench

The 24.9% rule is excellent in principle to stop an unscrupulous investor doing what they want with the club for their own gain.

I have no problem with someone buying 24.9% of the club and having 24.9% of the influence. When someone like Newton wanted far more influence than his share, that's simply wrong.

Similarly, why does Chaudry insist on breaking this rule and buying more than half the shares? Doesn't show him as any sort of team player does it?

Why doesn't he use his professional motivational powers to persuade others to purchase a similar number of shares and act as a team for the benefit of the club?

An obstacle, or course, is the the board / shareholders being able to block who can buy unsold shares. On ths face of it this sounds wrong.

- It gives the board members undue influence (see the point about Newton above).

- Though it stops any demon investor doling out money to his yes-men to each buy 24.9% of the shares before doing his bidding.

- And the board are our representatives and can be replaced.

- But the votes are already stitched up to make that unlikely.

In short, it's a can of worms. But you all knew that already.

Our shareholding is too "clumpy" to allow for a genuinely fan run club - where one share one vote means one fan one vote, or something very close.

How about increasing the admission price by £1 for home customers, so that every time we go to a match we get £1 worth of shares. One share one vote. Even if existing shareholdings were not redistrbiuted we would broaden the club ownership. Then the board would become truly representative.

(If these shares had a time limit - say 1-5 years - then over time only current or recent fans would have a say in running the club.)

Advert

As we all know Mo is a PR guy so if he did not convince a load of people of his ideas, he would be crap at his job won't he.

Mo says that he has the best interests of the club at heart but then does things just to wind up the board and then go on a PR trip. It should not matter what we think at the end of the day only what it best for the club.

The difference is though that I can come on here and say the horse is a better asset to the club than Gannon and I will have people asking a few question about why I say that but if I put that the board are better than Mo's bid not only will I get questions but a barge of abuse and be accused of being a board member etc. On this board there seems to be no control over some of the posters I have been threated with what I see as physical violence by one poster because I have said that the board are not as bad as people say.

While I am always willing to listen to what investers have to say I would also have to look at why they want the club. Mo says that its to make himself money but how many clubs do that and what is he going to do to make money? Football is not a good investment most of the time. While I agree the club could be making more money in a lot of areas namely the Shop, I am not so sure that the making money is good because I would like our club to be like a charity in the sense that every penny that they make will go back into the club not into a business mans pocket.

As we all know Mo is a PR guy so if he did not convince a load of people of his ideas, he would be crap at his job won't he.

Mo says that he has the best interests of the club at heart but then does things just to wind up the board and then go on a PR trip. It should not matter what we think at the end of the day only what it best for the club.

The difference is though that I can come on here and say the horse is a better asset to the club than Gannon and I will have people asking a few question about why I say that but if I put that the board are better than Mo's bid not only will I get questions but a barge of abuse and be accused of being a board member etc. On this board there seems to be no control over some of the posters I have been threated with what I see as physical violence by one poster because I have said that the board are not as bad as people say.

While I am always willing to listen to what investers have to say I would also have to look at why they want the club. Mo says that its to make himself money but how many clubs do that and what is he going to do to make money? Football is not a good investment most of the time. While I agree the club could be making more money in a lot of areas namely the Shop, I am not so sure that the making money is good because I would like our club to be like a charity in the sense that every penny that they make will go back into the club not into a business mans pocket.

You really dont get it do you ......................:banghead:

He's not a PR guy, he's a businessman, a successful one at that, with interests in property, finance and leisure.

The only way he will make money is for the Vale to be successful, what is so wrong with that ?

He's not a PR guy, he's a businessman, a successful one at that, with interests in property, finance and leisure.

The only way he will make money is for the Vale to be successful, what is so wrong with that ?

Not really he can make money and keep Vale ticking over what happens when we get to a level that we need to put more in than comes out which does start to happen at the top end of the leagues ? Will Mo step aside or will he stick with what he has and not be moved because he is the boss at that point remember there is no voting against him he makes the decisions . He does PR speeches that his job or as he calls them Motivation speaker.

Mo is at waterworld near enough everday. Do people seriously think hes gunna build a lidl or something and **** off 5- 10k people. He would be hunted down and crucified.

The way things are at the moment however , i would probably enjoy a trip to a new supermarket more than continuing with this ****.

I genuinely can't be bothered to respond in detail to the above.

I feel that you will continue to get the Club and the success that you deserve

Mo is at waterworld near enough everday. Do people seriously think hes gunna build a lidl or something and **** off 5- 10k people. He would be hunted down and crucified.

The way things are at the moment however , i would probably enjoy a trip to a new supermarket more than continuing with this ****.

well said by my namesake

:D:D

:laugh::laugh:

On another point I have watched his video that he did with Channel 4 about the spending review, Lets take what he says in that as a possible route that he might take with Vale. He supports the cuts that the Government are taking putting people out of work and effecting everyone way of life because we need to save money.

There are bankers out there that have robbed us but they still get there bonus and Mo does not seem to mention this or have a issue with it. He is a business man and Money is all he will care about not if Vale do well but if they make him money.

I really don't know why anyone responds to Markie G/QUOTE]

I purposely don't! Not sure if he's a wind up or simply not the full shilling but either way I agree no one should respond.===

Oh well seems I am right, the abuse starts again, sorry I disagree with Mo its the crime of the century on here.

People ask why I am not a fan and all I do is answer the question. I might go back to just saying I do not like Mo and when asked I will answer with None of your business

Not really he can make money and keep Vale ticking over what happens when we get to a level that we need to put more in than comes out which does start to happen at the top end of the leagues ? Will Mo step aside or will he stick with what he has and not be moved because he is the boss at that point remember there is no voting against him he makes the decisions . He does PR speeches that his job or as he calls them Motivation speaker.

He will need to put more in than he can take out at the start, not at some point in the future. £1.2 million to buy 51%.

PR speeches is not his job. As he has been successful he tries to share his 'secret' with his motivation speeches, nothing at all to do with PR.

Archived