onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo & Micky

Advert

Well done LB. Maybe worth speaking to Micky himself, as during the Mike Newton saga, Bratt was starting rumours that Micky would resign if Newton got in.

During that time, Newton told more than one or two people exactly what he thought of MA, and there's no doubt, in my mind, that they wouldn't have been able to work together.

However, good news day today. Hopefully this all comes to fruition.

Guest Vale Rebel

Haha!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Robbie H, the trump card has finally been played!!!!!!!!!!!

Over to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The board's supposed trump card could just turn out to be the thing that actually breaks them.

It looks to me like a simple choice now:

Micky in charge but V2001 here = no investment, no commercial and marketing department, no vision or plan to take the club forward, many fans still staying away, budget cut.

Micky in charge with Mo = significant investment, overhaul of commercial and marketing department, business plan to take the club forward, fans united, budget increased.

It's a no brainer. 1st June will either herald a very bright new beginning for the club or the beginning of the end of PVFC. Let's hope it's the result the vast majority of us want ===

LB Yesterday

"I am however not particularly interested in the managerial speculation at this juncture - be it Micky or any other candidate - as now is not the time for rash decisions. The issue to be decided is the future of the club - with the current board or under new ownership. Decisions as to managerial appointments and anything else follow that decision - which is for the shareholders to decide 1st June 2011.

If the board appoint a manager beforehand then they do so not in the interests of Port Vale FC but in their own interests to win votes and placate shareholders and fans - please do not be fooled into thinking otherwise.

I can also say that should this board appoint a manager before the EGM and should Mo subsequently succeed in his bid, then the board's managerial appointment is NOT guaranteed a role afterward and the LMA have been advised accordingly. I have said on numerous occasions that we will not be held hostage to fortune by this board and we will not relent given acts of desperation on their part."

I'm starting have about as much faith in this lot as the current board.

Pathetic. You're just reacting to the board again. Why don't you call the shots? I want someone better than Adams. I'm starting to have very serious doubts about the sincerity of this Choudry bid.

I was thinking the same. This is strikes me as "dam people may actually support the board if MA is back, so what can we do other than support him?".

Did the LB not say only the other day that they had a Prem manager lined up and MA would not be certain of a job at the club? Strange how quickly something changes. Once again though all about their aim to take over the club and nothing about what is best for the club.

LB Yesterday

"I am however not particularly interested in the managerial speculation at this juncture - be it Micky or any other candidate - as now is not the time for rash decisions. The issue to be decided is the future of the club - with the current board or under new ownership. Decisions as to managerial appointments and anything else follow that decision - which is for the shareholders to decide 1st June 2011.

If the board appoint a manager beforehand then they do so not in the interests of Port Vale FC but in their own interests to win votes and placate shareholders and fans - please do not be fooled into thinking otherwise.

I can also say that should this board appoint a manager before the EGM and should Mo subsequently succeed in his bid, then the board's managerial appointment is NOT guaranteed a role afterward and the LMA have been advised accordingly. I have said on numerous occasions that we will not be held hostage to fortune by this board and we will not relent given acts of desperation on their part."

I'm starting have about as much faith in this lot as the current board.

That's why they had a meeting about it! They've decided that should MA come in, they will back him. Correct decision, imo.

Before the meeting, no such guarantees could be made.

In my view this is Mo, Mark and LB taking on board the views of the fans. While at the same time dampening somewhat any euphoria the board may have had in terms of winning shareholders votes.

I still think Micky is absolutely crazy to sign at this time. He should have gone on holiday and waited for the EGM result. Maybe he thinks he'll not get a job at Vale though if Mo came in. And maybe he also thinks he would have a hard time getting a job elsewhere.

Archived