Advert

Advert

Seeing The Books

Memphis

avfim,

He HAS already tried to buy them out.

He offered to buy their shares.

They refused.

At just 5 quid each. Not enough. Their control is worth far more to them.

Why not 10 quid per share held + 50k cash, plus directors box perks for 5 years. Plus season tickets for life? Around an extra half a mill. Nadda to man of Mo's means, surely? How badly does he really want the vale?

Advert

We've been through this before.

They're meant to be elected custodians who act only in the best interests of the club.

I disagree with the idea that they should be paid off. Meant to "for us all" remember? :rolleyes:

I find it rather distasteful myself. But sometimes thats life. Better for the vale in the long run, no?

..and therein lies the problem. Too many people begrudge the board for having put one over on them back in the day, and now put their hatred of the board above the well being of the club.

One person on the board begrudges mr chaudry claiming mo put one over on him back in the day, and now puts his hatred above the well being of the club.

At just 5 quid each. Not enough. Their control is worth far more to them.

Why not 10 quid per share held + 50k cash, plus directors box perks for 5 years. Plus season tickets for life? Around an extra half a mill. Nadda to man of Mo's means, surely? How badly does he really want the vale?

The share price is fixed,it is fixed at £5 per share.

If he was to do as you suggest then there would be less money to spend on improving the whole set up of the club and them.

Well, its fair to say people were misled, either deliberately at the time or just through the course of events.

But I don't think the cause is served by making arguments based on the fact that we are a fan controlled club, when we clearly are not. Its just banging heads against the same brick wall. Best accept that they call the shots and for someone to put together a bid they will accept. One that is good for the club AND good for the board.

Best accept that they call the shots :ohmy:

Give over wake up and smell the coffee.They are destroying the club.

Best accept that they call the shots :ohmy:

Give over wake up and smell the coffee.They are destroying the club.

I don't think that's what he's saying TBH. He's saying to put your efforts into something you CAN change or do something about. Like the EGM, or requesting an independent audit. There are loads of posters on here who keep insisting they ought to have the right to see the books or all sorts of things that they don't have as shareholders or anything else. That really is banging your head against a brick wall, and a waste of time and effort. If any illegality has been going on, then it will come to light - and surely the priority is sorting out the club's problems and moving on.

I don't think that's what he's saying TBH. He's saying to put your efforts into something you CAN change or do something about. Like the EGM, or requesting an independent audit. There are loads of posters on here who keep insisting they ought to have the right to see the books or all sorts of things that they don't have as shareholders or anything else. That really is banging your head against a brick wall, and a waste of time and effort. If any illegality has been going on, then it will come to light - and surely the priority is sorting out the club's problems and moving on.

Know your place eh?

Know your place eh?

Absolutely not...it's about not wasting time trying to do things you don't have a chance of succeeding in. Vale is a limited company, same as loads of others, and the rights you have as a shareholder, or a director, are limited by the law and by the company's articles of association. If they said you had a right to see the books, then great. They don't. What we have got is a right to challenge the directors at an EGM and request an independent audit.

I'd personally love a whole lot of things - such as Cameron being sacked over the phone hacking scandal, and Osborne and Alexander kicked out of a job for fiddling the economic figures, but it ain't going to happen....even if they are in it up to their necks.....

Absolutely not...it's about not wasting time trying to do things you don't have a chance of succeeding in. Vale is a limited company, same as loads of others, and the rights you have as a shareholder, or a director, are limited by the law and by the company's articles of association. If they said you had a right to see the books, then great. They don't. What we have got is a right to challenge the directors at an EGM and request an independent audit.

They said that shareholder's would have a voice.But are ignored.

They said that shareholder's would have a voice.But are ignored.

I'm not going to argue that point, it's what we were sold in the beginning, and why I'm even a shareholder in the first place. I think we can all feel suitably annoyed ( to put it mildly, cos otherwise it would be moderated out) that they don't seem to be listening, but it doesn't give us any rights....let's focus on winning the fight we can win.

Archived