onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Roberts Performance

Samwelo

After a turbulent week, seems Roberts played out the second half at Torquay. I was at work so can any tell me how he played please. If he played badly say so. But can't be arsed listen to you all have a dig at him if you weren't there etc just want honest opinions.

Advert

not seen him play before and did not notice he was on the field until he tried to lob the keeper, failed dismally but at least he did not seem scared of the ball like a lot of the players did. i thought at times it was a bomb they could not get rid of it fast enough!

He did alright. Kept the ball reasonably well and was at the centre of a few moves second half as we went for it. Also was the only Vale player to take a decent set piece all game after Morsy failed 3 times and Rob Taylor twice...seriously is it that hard to beat the first man? Roberts had one, put it right on Boom's head and it was cleared off the line

Proof please or are we just slandering him for the ****ing sake of it.

Exactly what i was trying to say in the original piece. Why do we as Vale fans have to slag off players at times. He has a terrible track record but unless your sitting next to him in the pub then you have no idea if he will be drinking or not!!

Roberts is a character aswell as a quality footballer (on his day), too many fans are havin a pop. Unfortunately his history makes him extremely vunerable to abuse. Look how well he was playing when he could hear us singing his name.

If we can positively back every man who crosses that white line for the whole 90minutes (regardless of what happens off the pitch) then we are doing the most we can do to help them get 3 points

Exactly what i was trying to say in the original piece. Why do we as Vale fans have to slag off players at times. He has a terrible track record but unless your sitting next to him in the pub then you have no idea if he will be drinking or not!!

Agrred. There always has to be a scapegoat. In recent games its been Roberts. Last home game in front of me-bycars-just behind the goal, every misplaced pass was jumped on with abuse by several fans. So every decent pass I made a point of a loud "well done Gary." Ok, I agree he has been poor recently, but if we take the season as a whole he has been one of our better players.

Roberts should be used as an impact player till end of season, doesn't do it enough for me, best 2 performances second half of the season were as a sub against northampton and Torquay, morsy deserves his place in the team, I also think that we should play both dodds and rigg as we need goals and those two in midfield can offer more of a threat

Exactly. I think its engrained in a lot of people from Stoke-on-Trent to moan like **** about anything for the sake of it or becuase they are jealous of their own ****y lives.

You only have to look at some of what the charachters on here write to know they are small minded ****wits.

I'm not saying he is blameless and the performances of late certainly point to the fact he MAY have fallen of the wagon but provide proof (photos) or keep they gob shut! Sick of hearing things like my mate said such and such, or my mate thinks this or that, **** 'your mate' to be fair!!

He did ok, no better than most and certainly wasn't the worst player at all and he tries to get us going, its just when things go wrong for him its more noticeable as he gives us the drive that most of our other creative players, Haldane, Rob Taylor, Dodds, Morsy don't as they are either a) not good enough or b) scared to try things Gary does.

Proof of what? Him liking the sauce? Open your eyes. The guy is like a ****ing fish.

What a truly astute post!

He might well but I don't see many Stoke fans slagging off Ethrington or Man City fans slagging off Ballotelli, SUPPORT your team and its players ***.

Go hang your head in shame. How the ****ing hell would you like it if people started insinuating things about you without any proof?

This isn't a school playground, grow up and either provide fact or keep your ill thought opinions to yourself.

I'll be behind the players on Saturday, think we all get frustrated at times which is reasonable! But let's try to get behind the players on Saturday, just so we can shut those irritating stoke supporting **** heads up,we can still be the 12th man, and we can still close the gap between ourselves and the Stokies!

I'll be behind the players on Saturday, think we all get frustrated at times which is reasonable! But let's try to get behind the players on Saturday, just so we can shut those irritating stoke supporting **** heads up,we can still be the 12th man, and we can still close the gap between ourselves and the Stokies!

Here, here. This will however fall on a number of deaf ears!!

Archived